Bite was tough on Saturday morning

Fished Anna last Saturday afternoon from 2pm until dark and did well. Got on the water this Saturday morning and fished from 8:30am until 12:30 pm and did not have a bite. Few fish I found were about 5 feet deeper than last week and could not get them to bite.
    Saw a lot of boats throwing the A-rig but did not try that. Days like that make me wish I had some minnows and crappie set up.....

2. Member
    Based on tournament results from Saturday and Sunday with winning weights 20+ lbs, I guess it was not tough for some

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    It’s the time of year of heroes and zeroes and not much in between.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

4. Member
    Went last Friday and was a tough bite for sure. One fish all day in 10 feet of water. Others caught them. Right place I guess
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Seems like the better action is in the afternoon on SML and I would expect Anna to be similar. Makes sense on the sunny days as the water warms just a bit that the fish will get more active and aggressive. Was certainly the case for me last Thursday and again on Saturday as I didn't have a bite until noon and ended up with a nice bag by 3:30 pm on Saturday.