Missing Fuel Filter

I found a picture online of a motor similar to mine and it has a fuel filter in the hole where I don't have one on mine. I always wondered if I have one somewhere else. Besides replacing the missing bolt, should I look into finding a fuel filter bracket and install it? The picture rotated for some reason.

IMG_5564[1].JPG

'96 2.5 Liter EFI 200 hp 2 stroke
    Last edited by M36; 03-07-2021 at 05:33 PM.

2. Member
    Been researching this and I think I should put a fuel separator inside the battery compartment instead of trying to find something to fit the motor.

3. Member
    no put it back the way it came from factory,also need to detail all wiring and get connector ring for ECU plug, that hurts my eyes
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Unfortunately Joe54, the previous owner did a lot of things to this motor that were rigged and pieced together including putting a gasket in backwards or upside down. Needless to say it ran really bad. Ill look for a connector ring, but zip ties were the connector ring as long as I have had it.

5. Member
    190491 is p/n , filter need to be after pulse pump so it can catch anything that might go wrong with its diaphram or internals ,although often used filters between tank and mtr are not recomended , added restriction to system
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Thanks, if you happen to have the p/n for the water separator that mounts on the motor, Ill look for that also.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I may have one of the brackets for the filter floating around. You're going to need to detail that wiring mess as it's mounted right where the filter belongs (and it's unclear what the fuse and red wires are doing there).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Don, those are two relay circuits for the tilt and trim. The red fuse I believe is a 50 amps fuse and no idea what it's for.

If you find the bracket let me know. Thanks

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You'll have to follow those red wires and determine where they are terminating in order to know what it was "added for".

I should have a bracket- drop me an email and I'll see if I can set you up.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Don helped me get a filter housing, a filter, and a connector ring for the ECU plug on my motor. I was in a similar position in that the PO of my boat had deleted the factory filter and installed a much smaller inline filter that broke while I was running up the river.

If for some reason he doesn't have the filter housing in stock, Ebay probably has what you need.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

11. Member
    bet he got one