Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Totally Agree!!! 110%

Read the comments!

"Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

2. Member

3. Member
    I agree

4. Member
    Here is an interesting take on the future of forward facing sonar. https://majorleaguefishing.com/bass-...-game-fishing/

I agree with him 100%. I remember when I first got DI on my trolling motor. I would troll around staring at that thing all day and in my mind that's what I had to be doing to catch fish. One day I realized that's all I did was stare at that dang bow unit and defiantly didn't catch more fish and absolutely didn't have any more fun. So I took it off and to this day still don't have it.
    USMC Vet!

6. Member
    I agree that it has no place in club tournaments, and I question it highly in tournaments on up the ladder *(the Elites and other organizations banned the A-rig)*. I know the crappie fisherman at work love it.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

7. Member
    I agree with him on this and had similar opinions on it prior to seeing this video. I think if this type of tech is allowed it should only be during practice periods and not during actual tournament hours.
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 03-07-2021 at 12:00 PM.

8. Member
    He does make some valid points

Seems everyone wants to ban something these days.

I am in the "use it if you want to use it" camp. I think trying to level the playing field deal is a crutch all too often. We just might be the only game that tries to limit innovation, hard work and success. Whether it be people complaining that guys prefish more than them, run a boat that can go places theirs can't or someone trying to stifoe a bairor technology I think eventually the trophies will need asterisks.

10. Member
    It’s all about the MONEY!!!! Got have a “gimmick” to keep sales going

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    It’s all about the MONEY!!!! Got have a “gimmick” to keep sales going

But by your own argument that gimmick is catching fish you can't catch.

Of course its about the money. That is how the world operates. You would stop going to work if they stopped paying you. Companies do not manufacture products to just give away for free. They are in business to make money and provide jobs.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    But by your own argument that gimmick is catching fish you can't catch.

Of course its about the money. That is how the world operates. You would stop going to work if they stopped paying you. Companies do not manufacture products to just give away for free. They are in business to make money and provide jobs.
    I could give 2 sh*tz less about tournament fishin and quit long ago as spending time with my son and family is way more important to me !! It is an interesting subject and I agree with him! People these days don’t want to put the work in... look at the all the deer hunting selfies you see with a guy in a stand and the pile of corn is very clear in the background... no honor or sportsmanship in some things in my opinion

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Nothing more than tools of the trade, you think they will help you use them, if not don't. Do not see any reason at all to ban a tool because it work, all pro's have the same opportunity to use them, us weekend warriors can decide to spend the money or not.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

14. Member
    I don’t tournament fish so no opinion there. But I do bass fish and I do have live sonar (since Aug 2020) and I can say without a doubt that my body loves it. Before live sonar at the end of a 10 hour day of chucking and winding I’d be worn out, especially as I’ve gotten older and not feel like fishing the next day. Since live sonar I make a third of the casts I used to and catch just as many fish. Now I can go three or four days in a row and still feel good after each day. It’s made my fishing more efficient and my body appreciates that .

15. Member
    Sounds like it's become an interactive video game. I don't use either of these things but it doesn't bother me that others do as long as it doesn't harm the resource.

It also reminds me of a lot of the hunting videos where they're passing up 10-pointers because the guides or the cameras tell them there's a B&C coming to that field/feeder/whatever. And then you see people (sometimes kids) embarrassed about tagging one that's "just" a six or eight-point. When I was a kid, I was pretty fricken happy with the first buck I got on my own--all 2 points and 110# of him. Is it progress when we make it all about the horns?

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    I could give 2 sh*tz less about tournament fishin and quit long ago as spending time with my son and family is way more important to me !! It is an interesting subject and I agree with him! People these days don’t want to put the work in... look at the all the deer hunting selfies you see with a guy in a stand and the pile of corn is very clear in the background... no honor or sportsmanship in some things in my opinion

It takes an incredible amount of time to get proficient with the new forward facing sonar. Its not a plug it in, go catch 25lb bags everywhere deal. If you are not fishing tournaments then how will it affect your fishing? Seems you will be fine without it. I bet most whochoose to.not buy it will be just fine without it as weok.

I think its all a but overhyped right now anyway. People will struggle with the learning curve and it will taper off.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 03-07-2021 at 12:27 PM.

17. Member
    If someone comes up with a circuit that does not allow live scope in practice or the event, they will do well.

I fish because it is fun. Sometimes when a new technique comes out I think its fun to learn it. When I buy something for the boat, side scan or new trolling motor or even a new combo it renews my interest and find myself going a little more often. All this stuff I view as future fun for me to have learning something. Y'all early adopters get all the kinks worked out for me and I'll be along when I get bored.
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

19. Member
    Every dog has his day. Every technique has its day as well. Nothing ever created to fish with is king for a day every day every place. There are times if your not keen to what's catching fish the best for the moment your donating. Try fishing outside weeds in the spawn when every boat in the tournament but you is rubbing bottom up shallow some where's. You look like a fool at weigh in. Been there done that.

I had my first encounter with the forward guys last year and first 3 events he was on them. From that point forward I was on them with my 9 inch hook lowrance and he was searching in vain for bites. To everything there is a season.

May I have some Gouda and crackers. Swiss would be good, as well.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast