Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    And i brought damn fire craw jackhammer with me! Lol
    Hope the paint doesn't come off of it.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Another week another tournament where Randy is complaining.... Shocker.
    Yup its groundhog day.

Quote Originally Posted by boatinpete View Post
    Randy is 100% right, fishing is turning into a joke, in 3 years from now it will tell you what species it is , how big and so on in the name of that special word they call progress.
    I wish it would tell you the species now. It would’ve saved us an hour the other day chasing drum around.

4. Member
    Live scope is just another tool on the belt nothing more. I will say I’ve learned a lot by staring at the screen. But to the extent of being able to beat everybody else hands-down no it does not work that well. It does not make you a better fisherman. In my opinion it just gives you a few more chances to show you can be a good fisherman. Remember you still have to make the fish bite and get it in the boat. They do not jump in your live well just because you can see them.

5. Member
    There is limits in all pro sports when it comes to technology increasing performance. Hard to say what years of fish getting targeted by this sonar will do. It might be a good thing for us bank beaters. Fish may adapt to it and start getting spooked by the pinging of it. The A rig doesnt dominate like it used to, fish got used to it somewhat. Its in a fishs DNA to avoid predation. Problem i see is the cost to have top tier equipment has gotten ridiculous. Its no wonder the Kayak fishing is exploding, average folks cant afford to enter the game anymore. At the rate were on the tech in a boat is gonna cost more than the rig itself in 10 years.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    There is limits in all pro sports when it comes to technology increasing performance. Hard to say what years of fish getting targeted by this sonar will do. It might be a good thing for us bank beaters. Fish may adapt to it and start getting spooked by the pinging of it. The A rig doesnt dominate like it used to, fish got used to it somewhat. Its in a fishs DNA to avoid predation. Problem i see is the cost to have top tier equipment has gotten ridiculous. Its no wonder the Kayak fishing is exploding, average folks cant afford to enter the game anymore. At the rate were on the tech in a boat is gonna cost more than the rig itself in 10 years.
    Knot really difficult to say what will happen. They will shorten there feeding windows significantly ,and stop suspending under baitfish in open water less frequently first. They will hold tight to anything they can park next to...And in lakes that lack grass or good heavy cover they will become nocturnal feeders.. shallow fertile lakes with heavy cover will knot be affected much. But don’t expect much day time schooling adjacent to the heavy cover in daylight hours.. the guys tat can’t dissect heavy cover will be looking.. a lot.. and just looking..

It's a tool that when used properly, will help you catch more fish...both the Alabama rig and the livescope... Nobody says you have to use it...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    i like randy and yes he is old school.he does bring up some good points in the video but if he is going to continue to fish professionally he better get the latest technology out there and learn how to use it.even if your fishing just the larger open tournaments probably will be more competitive with the livescope technology.i probably wouldnt fish one without it.my technology is a good quality topo map,depth of water i am in,and water temp gauge.that technology is not very competitive in the bass fishing world anymore.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

9. Member
    I understand his points, but I think his comparison to an untouched field is a bit strange. That said, I have livescope and I have A-rigs. I have thrown them together once for about 4 hours, and didn't even get a bump. Here's my question about the tournament that was "dominated" by that combination. What were the typical results for tournaments on that lake, during that season, before live sonar? Were the weights THAT much higher that the winner say, 5 years ago wouldn't even cash a check this year? I'm going to hazard a guess and say, not by much. If it took say, 16lbs a day to win 5 years ago and the winner this year gets 17, did the combination really make a difference? In other words, those guys who "dominated", would they still have "dominated" if they didn't have those items? Would those same fish have been caught without those technologies? I bet so.

As for the comparison to racing, perhaps that's the point we are at. Yes, all forms of racing have rules, some more strict than others. But looking at drag racing, we have top alcohol dragsters, top fuel dragsters, top fuel funny cars, pro street, pro mod, street outlaw, outlaw pro, outlaw front wheel drive, stick shift...there's so many "pro" classes, is it time to offer the same for fishing tournaments? MLF tried to do that limiting people to spec boats.

Rather than outright "banning", just create a new class. How about a classic BASS series where you can only have 6 rods and say 20lbs of tackle or 10 boxes, or whatever? What about a class where electronics are limited to say, 20" combined diagonal screen size? What about a spec series where everyone has to use similar setups...IE 19' boat, 200hp, no hydraulic plates, no shallow anchors, 24v trolling motors, 2 9" graphs, no forward sonar, no spot lock, etc.? Instead of 300 anglers fishing the same day, using the same techniques in one tournament, why not offer multiple classes like this, so that you might have 3 classes with 100 boats in each? Then weigh-ins would be interesting to see how the different classes compare, and offer say an overall bonus for whoever comes in first overall? Maybe a 12v/115hp class with no graphs?

It would just be interesting to see how pro fields would divide if there were multiple classes to fish.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    Even kayak fishing is getting ridiculous. Those guys have electric motors, power poles, $1,000+ graphs. Some of those guys are pushing $5,000 on their kayaks. At the price you might as well find a cheap boat. When I used to fish from a kayak, the benefit was to get back into the real nasty stuff where you couldn't get with a boat. You don't need all those accessories to do that.

11. Member
    All reasons I went back to an aluminum boat with a 115 4S. I do have a couple HDS7s, but only have the HDS transducer in back. I have a network cable but opted to leave it off this boat. I just want to go out and fish, keep it simple. The only tournaments I’ve fished are small, like 20 people or less small. My partner and I won everyone we fished except for coming in second one time last year. It was fun, but ZERO expectations this year. We all just like to gather and have a good time.

That’s me, if the latest electronics and baits are fun to you knock yourself out!

IMO nothing, no amount of technology beats time on the water and confidence in a tournament.

P.S. I did spring for an Ultrex a couple years ago. That’s technology that makes my time on the water more enjoyable.

This whole argument reminds me of the old refrain, “the world’s going to heck because the young generation doesn’t give a crap!” Every generation has said this for eons. And, every time a new fishing technology emerges, somebody does their Chicken Little impression! Wasn’t it Minnesota that banned (or attempted to bean) the Lowrance Green Box because their DNR said that it’s use was going to mean that every lake in the state would be cleaned out?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Yup its groundhog day.
    Desperately trying to remain relevant. Randy didn't get kicked in the d**k by Livescope or A-rigs...he got beat by better bass fishermen.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    It’s all about the MONEY!!!! Got have a “gimmick” to keep sales going
    It’s not a gimmick ... it works , I weighed a limit sat I would of never in 50yrs caught without livescope... and yes caught em on the rig.. u no the old saying can’t beat them join them .. sorry randy

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    Desperately trying to remain relevant. Randy didn't get kicked in the d**k by Livescope or A-rigs...he got beat by better bass fishermen.
    Ain't that the truth...dude is a crybaby, hypocrite and d-bag...he made bad decisions and all of the sudden it's due Livescope and A-rigs...he's just an idiot

16. Member
    Randy isn't even close the real problems are the Banjo minnow and the Flying lure, especially when used with a color-c-lector
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I understand his points, but I think his comparison to an untouched field is a bit strange. That said, I have livescope and I have A-rigs. I have thrown them together once for about 4 hours, and didn't even get a bump. Here's my question about the tournament that was "dominated" by that combination. What were the typical results for tournaments on that lake, during that season, before live sonar? Were the weights THAT much higher that the winner say, 5 years ago wouldn't even cash a check this year? I'm going to hazard a guess and say, not by much. If it took say, 16lbs a day to win 5 years ago and the winner this year gets 17, did the combination really make a difference? In other words, those guys who "dominated", would they still have "dominated" if they didn't have those items? Would those same fish have been caught without those technologies? I bet so.

As for the comparison to racing, perhaps that's the point we are at. Yes, all forms of racing have rules, some more strict than others. But looking at drag racing, we have top alcohol dragsters, top fuel dragsters, top fuel funny cars, pro street, pro mod, street outlaw, outlaw pro, outlaw front wheel drive, stick shift...there's so many "pro" classes, is it time to offer the same for fishing tournaments? MLF tried to do that limiting people to spec boats.

Rather than outright "banning", just create a new class. How about a classic BASS series where you can only have 6 rods and say 20lbs of tackle or 10 boxes, or whatever? What about a class where electronics are limited to say, 20" combined diagonal screen size? What about a spec series where everyone has to use similar setups...IE 19' boat, 200hp, no hydraulic plates, no shallow anchors, 24v trolling motors, 2 9" graphs, no forward sonar, no spot lock, etc.? Instead of 300 anglers fishing the same day, using the same techniques in one tournament, why not offer multiple classes like this, so that you might have 3 classes with 100 boats in each? Then weigh-ins would be interesting to see how the different classes compare, and offer say an overall bonus for whoever comes in first overall? Maybe a 12v/115hp class with no graphs?

It would just be interesting to see how pro fields would divide if there were multiple classes to fish.
    I have seen tin boat only tourneys designed that way. Funny thing is you can have a 65k tin boat in a field full of 5k tin boats, at the end of the day its the man not the equipment that catches fish.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SWbass View Post
    Randy isn't even close the real problems are the Banjo minnow and the Flying lure, especially when used with a color-c-lector
    Banjo minnow on an A-rig...mads hysteria, cats and dogs living together...oh the humanity!
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

19. Member
    So Randy finished like 80 something in this event ..fishing LOZ arguably the toughest Lake in the entire Toyota Series to beat the local Hammers and hes butt hurt...(just keeping it real)....this guy is just doing this for Youtube hits. He already proved he's not about the low budget side of things when he jumped out of his tin rig back into the glass boat. Maybe he should try putting in the work more instead of making youtube videos. .....also his video about "reports from the lakes ie grand, table rock and LOZ".....the College event wasnt dominated by LiveScope and A Rigs....it was a Jerkbait bite that the whole top 10 used...yes they tossed the a rig to keep them honest but the meat came on Jerkbaits...I know I was there watching my kid. Hes once again using Youtube for hits. Your a PRO Randy shut up and and buy one already....

Maybe we should go back to stringers, tillers and hand controlled trolling motors too....Im sure hes working on that video.
    Last edited by shooter66; 03-08-2021 at 09:25 AM.

20. Member
    Here is what i get out of it and why i agree with him. Lets put the challenge back totally on the angler... watch the tournaments from say the 90s when they had basic electronics... they had to WORK for it!!! A couple of other things I relate it to... Is drag racing really drag racing with an automatic, delay boxes, trans brakes vs say a gasser with a 4 speed? Is deer hunting really deer hunting when a guy is sitting in a stand with a pile of corn in plain site 20 yds away?
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast