everything needed

I've decided to go with the Helix 12 or Solix 12 for my boat (I think), and want to make sure I'm getting everything I need. I'm moving over from Lowrance and have a few questions if someone has advice or knowledge. I'm assuming the transducer is a separate purchase and not sure if there are different ones or a standard one. I have the ultrex so I already have one for the bow just not sure which one I need for the console unit. Also what all cables I may need to have to network everything together (just dont want surprises later down the road.) I have a local BassPro shop I could purchase from but would prefer to buy from a helpful dealer on here that has knowledge or can be contacted for questions!! Thanks in advance!!

Humminbird has two versions of most models. A normal unit comes with a transom transducer that does all the functions for the model.
    There are the same units as CHO (Control Head Only) for those that don't want/need a transducer. Those would be for dual units at the console or bow, for use with a trolling motor with built-in transducer, or to use with just a MEGA 360 or MEGA LIVE.

A SOLIX and Helix combo will only share waypoints. SOLIX and Helix is like having two different brands.

Humminbird units use Ethernet to share data between units. An Ethernet cable has a metal threaded lock nut attachment so it will connect directly to a SOLIX Ethernet port like Lowrance units do. A Helix uses a quick disconnect cable collector to hold all the cables so it needs an Ethernet Adapter for the quick disconnect feature--AS EC QDE.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL