Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    God bless you EOD guys. You were not paid enough and I salute you
    Colonel, Field Artillery, RET, 31 years.

2. Member
    There was a series about 20-30 years ago on PBS named "Danger, U X B" that was about the EOD field in Great Britian after THE WAR which I watched. It was very very good.

Thanks for posting that.

4. Member
    Was in Germany a few years back and was told the still find them over there. Wow! More powerful than I figured. Imagine those raining down over the course of a day. War is no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mgeod;[URL="tel:11738089"
    11738089[/URL]]black powder can be nasty. We had to clean up a old mustard round on FTB .. Man I do not miss that Tap suit . Those freaking things were hot ..

Health is good guys ,, thanks .. Got hurt in a car wreck on a state dept mission . Always tell guys I got ten fingers and ten toes when they find out I am medically retired after finding out I was EOD ..
    I still have all mine as well :-). TAP suit - man I haven’t heard that term in years!! Did you get chem/bio at Redstone? Never will forget live agent day! Or the Nitro Club and Ducky at Indianhead :-)
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

A B-17's bomb load max was 4,800 lbs, usually 500 pounders. That's 9 bombs. A B-24 would carry more, maybe 12? I'm pretty sure the Luftwaffe didn't have much in the way of heavy bombers, so I'm wondering what they'd have carried 1,000 kg (2,200 lb) bombs with, and how many they'd have carried at once. Could a Stuka have carried just one, or a JU-88 maybe 2? I'm doubtful that the bomb was 1,000kg, basically.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

7. Member
    A strato-jet bomber was on a low level high speed practice bombing run at Eglin AFB when it exploded and came apart at 7000 ft. The bomber was carrying 4 500 lb. bombs with 10# black powder charges. One of those bombs fell 35 feet from me and exploded. The surface burst of heated air and pressure wave picked me up and tossed me almost 100 feet from the explosion site over a car parked on the dirt street. It blew out the windows of the car and burned all the paint off one side. Three galvanized wash tubs hanging on the side of the house were melted from the heat and it left a 15 foot hole in the ground. I was a lucky or as some say unlucky young fellow that day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12