Mounting Graph on the bow plate on a 519VX

I was looking for examples of where / how I can mount a new Helix 8 that I ordered. My 519vx looks exactly like the bow on the boat pictures posted by SuperG below. I ordered a custom plate of 3/16 aircraft aluminum made by Van at Bass Boat Technologies (picture below). I plan to mount a RAM mount like SuperG did in his pictures, except to the all new bow plate. I have since had someone comment that the plate is only held in by 4 small screws into fiberglass and so I should instead mount the RAM mount to the carpeted area beneath the plate. Are there any comments about that reservation from anyone else who's had some experience in this matter? Thanks.

bowplate with RAM.jpg

2. Member
    Why not leave the plate blank and get a bracket that spans the foot pedal tray? That’s how I did mine and it leaves the front side open for rods or stepping into the boat.

3. Member
    Well, that's a thought. This is where ideas meet reality. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Member
    I used what RIP Bass suggested. Got mine from PROcise Outdoors (the Dek-It mount) and really like the placement on my 118. Ran all wires up through the bowplate and it makes for a very clean finish. Rock solid as well. Here is a link:

https://prociseoutdoors.com/product/...le-unit-mount/

I am sure there are others similar.