Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

I think it’s getting out of hand ...

Wow is this industry in trouble ....
    This is in Canadian dollars, by the time taxes and fees are added your pushing $126,000 Dam....
    FEFC39FF-8C61-4C5D-BEF6-8F8D568F4D28.jpeg

You’re pushing that in USD by the time most add the equipment they desire.

3. Member
    I agree prices are getting ridiculous, but the market decides when it is "out of hand". When people stop taking out loans to buy a $100K item that depreciates, prices will adjust. Until then, boat prices will keep rising. It will be interesting to see how rising interest rates impact boat sales over the next 3 years.
    Last edited by AggieBass; 03-06-2021 at 09:02 AM.

A friend of mine on Lake Conroe paid over $100K for his current Ranger.

P01135809

I hate to see it happen. What I know about economics says the boat market along with the RV market is fixing to get saturated.
    Last years record sales to a whole bunch of first time buyers will see to that. All those who were bored and locked down due to covid will soon get tired of making payments and buying insurance. Get a bad feeling this years record will be for repos.

6. mikesxpress
    The boat OEMs are close to filling available production slots for 2021. Folks are not balking at $100K price tags for brim chasing boats.

Once everyone goes back to the office there could be some great deals on boats < two years old?

7. Member
    These things will always go in cycles. Remember when 3000 bucks bought a decent car or truck? Now there is nothing decent it seems for under 50,000. Same with boats but it is ridiculous anyway. The latest greatest boat, electronics and gizmos are great to have for about a day and a half before something faster, slicker or more 'useful' replaces it. Found a great deal on 'new' Lowrance Ti2 Elite 12" for my old '16 Z119 and could not be happier!

8. Member
    I have a good friend that is pretty high up the food chain at a large credit union. He said they are bracing for this bubble to burst in about 2 years, and that defaults and repos will be crazy!
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

9. Member
    I have a 2016 BassCat Puma/250 SHO that I paid $60,000 for when new. I guess when I replace it, I will have to slide back a bit to a Pantera II. $60,000-$65,000 is about my limit and I don't like to buy used (another's problems). Hoping to find a left over 2021 Puma/Cougar late this year or early 2022 with spot lock and 9"-12" graphs. Don't need power poles, a power pole charger, or forward facing sonar.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I have a 2016 BassCat Puma/250 SHO that I paid $60,000 for when new. I guess when I replace it, I will have to slide back a bit to a Pantera II. $60,000-$65,000 is about my limit and I don't like to buy used (another's problems). Hoping to find a left over 2021 Puma/Cougar late this year or early 2022 with spot lock and 9"-12" graphs. Don't need power poles, a power pole charger, or forward facing sonar.
    Why not just keep the current cat and upgrade the graphs and trolling motor?

11. Member
    When I bought my present 2000 TR186 new my dealer asked me if I wanted to see what a $50,000.00 bassboat looked like. It was a Gambler. I said, wow, who would pay that much for a bassboat? He said its crazy but some people do.
    2000 TR186
    2018 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6in jack plate-24" Fury3

12. Member
    Used Rangers in Canada running 100K on social media.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    I agree prices are getting ridiculous, but the market decides when it is "out of hand". When people stop taking out loans to buy a $100K item that depreciates, prices will adjust. Until then, boat prices will keep rising. It will be interesting to see how rising interest rates impact boat sales over the next 3 years.
    This ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    what about a Pro’s boat? Either one they drive and have to sell in a year or one they won.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    what about a Pro’s boat? Either one they drive and have to sell in a year or one they won.
    I would buy a boat from a Pro if he won one but never used it. I remember a member on here bought a Basscat from a “Pro” and he missed a lot of fishing with his boat sitting in the shop. Yes, some members on here have bought boats from “Pros” and never had problems but I would feel uneasy about it.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I hate to see it happen. What I know about economics says the boat market along with the RV market is fixing to get saturated.
    Last years record sales to a whole bunch of first time buyers will see to that. All those who were bored and locked down due to covid will soon get tired of making payments and buying insurance. Get a bad feeling this years record will be for repos.

17. Member
    I bought my 08 Champion in 2013 for $30K. I've since upgraded the graphs , trolling motor and batteries, along with adding a new 4 stroke 250. I won't be trading boats.
    GETFISHED !!!

18. Member
    What a lot of people don’t understand is these
    boats have $20,000+ in accessories. The days
    of $1,000 trolling motors and depth finders are
    gone. You don’t have to buy the top of the line
    model if you can’t afford it. But there will
    always be guy’s willing to pay whatever the
    market demands. JMO

Hmmm? Now why is it not a mention of the engine because that was the issue. I understand the boat is the purchase though not everyone on here now remembers the issue then, and some may not have been on here then.

Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    I remember a member on here bought a Basscat from a “Pro” and he missed a lot of fishing with his boat sitting in the shop.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Hmmm? Now why is it not a mention of the engine because that was the issue. I understand the boat is the purchase though not everyone on here now remembers the issue then, and some may not have been on here then.
    Yep, a Suzuki issue. That guy had quite the unpleasant experience.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast