Banned

Poll: Mega 360 is X% Better Than Original 360

A: Not better
    B: 10%
    C: 25%
    D: 50%
    E: 100%+

2. Member
    I strongly say stay away from the Mega 360. I have multiple Solix units, with Mega 360, and it has been nothing but problems from the start. From major interference issues, and absolutely no help from Humminbird, they have sold me a bunch of junk that does not work, and are not willing to do anything to resolve the issue. I have tried everything they have suggested, as well as everything anyone on this board or any other board has suggested, and nothing works. Humminbird's customer service is totally worthless. Call, spend hours on hold waiting for someone to answer. Once you get someone, you are talking to someone who has no clue what they are talking about. It is someone who has probably never been in a bassboat, and have no clue about the equipment they are selling. They just have a poor script that they are reading. My mega 360 is totally not useful, and is a bunch of junk. I personally will never buy anything with the Humminbird name on it again. If you want a new Mega 360 unit, I will make you a really good deal on it.

3. Banned
    KYDAVE, Have you put your Mega 360 on another boat to see if it'll work there?

Quote Originally Posted by KYDAVE View Post
    I strongly say stay away from the Mega 360. I have multiple Solix units, with Mega 360, and it has been nothing but problems from the start. From major interference issues, and absolutely no help from Humminbird, they have sold me a bunch of junk that does not work, and are not willing to do anything to resolve the issue. I have tried everything they have suggested, as well as everything anyone on this board or any other board has suggested, and nothing works. Humminbird's customer service is totally worthless. Call, spend hours on hold waiting for someone to answer. Once you get someone, you are talking to someone who has no clue what they are talking about. It is someone who has probably never been in a bassboat, and have no clue about the equipment they are selling. They just have a poor script that they are reading. My mega 360 is totally not useful, and is a bunch of junk. I personally will never buy anything with the Humminbird name on it again. If you want a new Mega 360 unit, I will make you a really good deal on it.
    sorry you have had issues ,,,,,, my M360 works great and what little trouble I have had with one of my graphs Humminbird went above and beyond to help take care of the issue ,, but if you would post in the Humminbird section here about your issues there are some really sharp guys there that will do their best to help , Wayne Purdum who post there daily is one of the premier experts on birds and setups and will do his best to help you

Mega 360 is way better than the 360, twice as good at least I’d say. I did have some interference issues at first but got that worked out and it’s been perfect ever since. After you get used to it it would be hard to not have it. I had the 360 and the mega is way better.

KYDAVE, have you tried running a small wire from the trolling motor skeg to the negative wire powering the trolling motor? It takes just a few minutes to do and cleared up mine perfectly after I had tried several other options. Does it do it all the time or just when you hit the trolling motor pedal?
    Last edited by C130; 03-06-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Mega 360 does give a more detailed picture. It's just like old school side image vs mega side image. The M360 "radar sweep" is slower than 360 so if you're trying to stay on schooling fish it's more difficult. You can change the settings in M360 to use only 400 megahertz and it's a faster sweep but it's back to original 360 quality. I personally have the original 360 and have been in a boat with M360. For me, I see no reason to upgrade from original 360 but I did install Livescope to work with 360

never had the original 360 so I can not make a honest comparison ,, but even if the picture was bad ( ITs Not) I would still love my 360 for hitting targets in front of the boat,,, If you fish brush piles it is a wonderful tool to have

8. Banned
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Candidly, I was hoping for even more discussion/opinions. I've had two original 360s (the original original transom mount and now a bow mount on a Ultrex). I've just never been terribly impressed with either. Thinking about upgrading to Mega 360, but that would also require upgrading from Solix G1 to at least G2 or even G3. Pretty big chunk of change.

Mega is a big improvement over 360. To me, it’s quite a bit better than the compare between SI vs. mega SI.