GPS accuracy settings

Can anyone recommend any GPS settings to get the best accuracy out of theses units?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    No answer for a day. If you can be a bit more specific. Are you having a particular problem or are you talking things like Glonass system or coordinate formats? Maybe puck position. Which puck HB or Lowrance. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    If you are using the internal GPS in the head unit the only option is to activate Glonas. That adds additional satellites and can improve accuracy.

Beyond that, I'm not really aware of anything else that affects accuracy. It's already typically good on the water because you don't have obstructions blocking any satellites.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    No answer for a day. If you can be a bit more specific. Are you having a particular problem or are you talking things like Glonass system or coordinate formats? Maybe puck position. Which puck HB or Lowrance. Bob
    I recently switched from the internal antenna to the Point 1 via NMEA. As I checked the accuracy of it by marking cover in side imaging, I was having a difficult time going over it with DI. So that made me wonder if there were some adjustment I could make to cause it to be more accurate.
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    If you are using the internal GPS in the head unit the only option is to activate Glonas. That adds additional satellites and can improve accuracy.

Beyond that, I'm not really aware of anything else that affects accuracy. It's already typically good on the water because you don't have obstructions blocking any satellites.
    My minimal research indicates that GPS is more accurate than the Russian GLONASS. By turning it on, will it work with GPS or override it?
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    My minimal research indicates that GPS is more accurate than the Russian GLONASS. By turning it on, will it work with GPS or override it?
    Turning on GLONASS gets you both. It just adds the GLONASS satellites to the US satellites.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Turning on GLONASS gets you both. It just adds the GLONASS satellites to the US satellites.
    Ok, thanks!
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I recently switched from the internal antenna to the Point 1 via NMEA. As I checked the accuracy of it by marking cover in side imaging, I was having a difficult time going over it with DI. So that made me wonder if there were some adjustment I could make to cause it to be more accurate.
    Thats because of the angle and distance to the object marked on sidescan. Marking on sidescan is jever 100% accurate as the unit is guessing at the depth whatever you're marking is at.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA