Lake Allan Henry

BBC Kansas Member looking to hit a few Texas lakes (spawn) this year know nothing about Allan Henry Lake but looks like one we would like to try. Amy feedback you can share would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Very clear water highland type lake. Haven't been there in a few years, but the access fees were a bit high compred to other lakes. Like $8 per head and $8 for your boat.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. And how about the fishing?

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If you're into fishing clear water, it can be good. The river from the ramp to the dam has bluff walls, so your bow can be touching the bank and the back will be sitting in 25+, depending on where you are. You can find some off color water in the backs of creeks. It has large mouth, small mouth and spots. If you're going during the spawn, you'll be fishing creeks. Spawn up there should start end of this month or next.

I spent 3 days on AH last September. I don’t plan on ever going back. One 8# black, 2 spots over 3# and maybe 10 small spots. Way better lakes in Texas. Definitely Do Not go there on a weekend

6. Member
    thank you all for the feedback and info. think i will continue looking for other Texas lakes to try. Looking for good bass lakes near the north end of the state.

7. Member
    Hubbard Creek and Ivie would be good bets.