Going price on used units?

If I wanted to upgrade what should I realistically expect to get out of my current units which are a Gen 1 Helix 10 and Gen 2 Helix 9 Chirp. Both with SI/DI, orginial equipment, original boxes, etc. Is $1000 feasibke? To high? To low? Trying to get an idea so I can plan out the budget ahead of time for the next units.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

I would check the (electronics) for sale forum and see what they are asking and if they are selling. Do a search as the Hummingbird stuff normally goes quick.

3. Member
    Yes check out on here also eBay, some on Facebook . Depends on ur model

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

4. Banned
    Ebay is where my dealer tells folks to go when pricing used equipment. Set the filters to "completed items" and you will get a pretty good idea of the price people are willing to pay. I can promise you anyone looking on this site will check ebay. They they will offer you 50% less and have a fit when you won't take it..........

If both of those are 2d units I would say they are to high.... just my opinion of course.

5. Member
    Says both SI. Doesn't everybody try to get the lowest price and sell at the highest. I spend more time researching the seller than the used equipment. On Ebay, be sure the description says complete working order and pieces. Buy using paypal and you will have recourse if there is a problem. Read very carefully. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    I just bought a gen 2 helix 7 from a member here. Yes I checked eBay & Amazon before he posted the unit so as soon as I popped up I bought it. However the bbc member was cheaper so I bought from him. What’s the big deal checking prices wherever? Does anybody usually make a habit of purposely buying the highest price piece of equipment wherever it’s from?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Says both SI. Doesn't everybody try to get the lowest price and sell at the highest. I spend more time researching the seller than the used equipment. On Ebay, be sure the description says complete working order and pieces. Buy using paypal and you will have recourse if there is a problem. Read very carefully. JMO Bob
    Nothing wrong with some back and forth but both times I have sold something here more than one individual offered me 50% of what I asked. For me that's the sign of a sorry excuse for a human more than someone that wants a slightly better price. It's like the old "I have cash in hand." just hoping some poor sucker needs the money.

I wasn't raised to take advantage of folks having hard times.....

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Nothing wrong with some back and forth but both times I have sold something here more than one individual offered me 50% of what I asked. For me that's the sign of a sorry excuse for a human more than someone that wants a slightly better price. It's like the old "I have cash in hand." just hoping some poor sucker needs the money.

I wasn't raised to take advantage of folks having hard times.....
    I stay away from E-bay (personnel preference) I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on here, but do my homework and try my best to price it at fair market value. I won't try to low ball anyone--IMO it's insulting. If something is overpriced I just wait till they drop the price.. I've had a couple low ball me--I won't even respond to them.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I stay away from E-bay (personnel preference) I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on here, but do my homework and try my best to price it at fair market value. I won't try to low ball anyone--IMO it's insulting. If something is overpriced I just wait till they drop the price.. I've had a couple low ball me--I won't even respond to them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Such nice polite guys! I find most don't bother to do any research on prices. They take what they paid and discount it maybe 25%. I find that insulting as well. I like a fair price. If I get one I will pay it no problem. I guess it depends where you are from, but many are used to and even enjoy the "Haggle". Some places the prices are always high on the initial offering because of it. No matter your preference you need to do the research. JMO Bob

11. Member
    All of my electronics have came from members or else i bought them from BBGMarine even though i have looked elsewhere. I have never been able to find replacement transducers etc. here when i needed them so i have bought from Ebay. You guys complaining is sort of like you buying fishing gear online instead at the local mom & pop stores to save money ain't it?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Ebay is for figuring out what might be a fair price. I've been burned one to many times to use it much.

I agree with the low-balling. Haggling is one thing but low-balling makes a person look like ....... well lets just say I wouldn't trust them very much.

13. Member
    Most of the time the low ballers are people selling on ebay. They will offer 50 - 60% in hopes the person is looking for a quick sale, then they turn around and sell for market price.

14. Member
    Ebay has many "stores" on there now. I use it to look for information mostly. I used to enjoy the bidding game, but used/old stock etc is a thing of the past. If you use paypal you can get refunds even without fighting with a buyer. I have never been burned on ebay. It is definitely buyer beware as in any online transaction. Not for everybody. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 03-09-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo