Thread: Solix Hiccups !

Solix Hiccups !

Got my rig back from Kilgore, went thru the second ice age. Re-rigged boat and went through
    everything. Hit the lake for a shake down today, both Solix's fired off. I have installed 3.9 so I was
    curious of what would happen. Both units booted, but didn't see ethernet switch or each other.
    No ultrex link. Restore factory default, check connections on ethernet switch, seemed ok.
    Still not linked together, went thru network, made sure of all transducer settings, full blown
    transducer on TM, 2D-DI-SI. So I gave up stated checking other things. About 10 minutes later
    I noticed the I-pilot switched on and the pop-up hit the screen. Ok thru the network synch, set
    all transducers, the units worked flawless. My SI was great, went thru the docks at the lake and
    could see the pillars on both sides. Until....

I put it on plane and the 2d fell off at 30 mph. CRAP! (thanks skeeter! worthless bastiges!)
    Need to get the auto depth off and set it for 50 ft. Maybe killing the auto depth search will
    help it. I did try but the set lower limit was like 2600 feet. Figured I need to get use to the
    new software changes. Thoughts!

And yes I am considering buying a 2d for outside the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    I put it on plane and the 2d fell off at 30 mph. CRAP! (thanks skeeter! worthless bastiges!)
    Need to get the auto depth off and set it for 50 ft. Maybe killing the auto depth search will
    help it. I did try but the set lower limit was like 2600 feet. Figured I need to get use to the
    new software changes. Thoughts!

And yes I am considering buying a 2d for outside the hull.
    Is this the same boat you started several threads on about the bilge and the work skeeter did?
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Yes sir, I am going to post a write-up on my experience with Skeeter!

Waiting on the legal boys to finish there investigation.