Torsion axle wheel lean

Just an fyi... I have been noticing some wheel lean on my break torsion axle.. needed the spline bolts tightened. Easy fix but caused a little excessive wear on the inside of my tires.. hope the fyi helps someone...

2. Member
    You should replace all of your bolts with a grade 8 bolts and torque down 150 ft lbs.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Do you guys think that and that alone is causing the inner tire wear?
    I bought my used 13 P4 last October. I noticed a loose caliper I’ll call it on one wheel. Noticed the splines were eaten up. I’ve been retightening every month. Put a Grade 8 bolt on that wheel only because Lowe’s only had one.
    All four of my tires have bad inner tire wear. And I tightened the other three wheels twice since October. I pretty much figure a new axle is in order for the back. But the inner tire wear must be addressed also. And soon. I can look in the side mirror while driving and I swear I can see the lean. I just have a hard time believing it could be as simple as a different bolt.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

4. Member
    Judson, on my 2013 P4 trailer the inner tire wear only happened two different tires. Both of the bolts wear loose. Tightened to 150 lbs. and have been good so far. Myself and Bass Cat think it is caused by cutting a turn to sharp and hitting the curb (guilty) or big potholes like we have here in Pa. (guilty again)

A different bolt won’t fix it, though it has prevented it. The splines and idler are under a lot of stress at impacts and the idlers movement is prevented by higher grade bolts.

6. Member
    Gonna have all the tires turned in the morning. To delay buying a new set. Gonna go pick up the other 3 Grade 8 bolts and torque to spec. Will probably line up a trailer shop in June to deal with my spline issues.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest