Thread: Pine creek

Pine creek

Heading to pine creek in a few weeks for the first time. Just wondering how tough it is to run or any info would be appreciated thanks

Weather permitting, I'll be there next weekend.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    Grandson and I fished it two years ago. Easy to navigate the main channel and brush was visible.
    Fishing was the best for us there as we were skunked on Broken Bow (should have fished up the lake) and one other in Arkansas.
    We caught 20, with 3 lbs the largest. Crank baits in shad colors worked best for us that March spring break for grandson.
    Local told us we would have really socked them if the lake was not dropping.
    We will try and get back there soon.
    You should enjoy.

Hopefully you have mapping. Many points go a ways out. Neat lake though. I've only fished it in the summertime but my wife and I have had some fun days there. Lots of cover and interesting structure with plenty of chunky fish.

5. Member
    You might want to call the Corp of Engineer Office to make sure the ramps are open. Right now they are doing some work on the flood gates and can't open them. The lake is ten foot high and rising at somewhere around twelve to fifteen feet high they will close the gates to the ramps.

Pine Creel Corp office # 580 933 4239

Lake level resource.
    https://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/PINE.lakepage.html

6. Member
    Headed down next week has anyone been lately