Having charging issues

I have a 2013 Mercury Pro XS 115. Serial Number: 1B962566
    I recently experienced my Low Voltage warning during a tournament and had to use the trolling motor to get back to the dock. In the past month I have purchased a new battery, alternator, and fuselink.
    My alternator is only putting out 11.8v when revved up. I am not a mechanic and am trying to fix this on my own but I am beginning to run out of ideas. I have seen several posts about this stuff, but not sure how to check everything. I contacted Mercury and am hoping they send me a wiring diagram so I can start to trace wires in the motor. Does anyone on here know what could be going on?

2. Member
    NEW oem MERCURY ALT, all fuses under cowl good ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

If it was aftermarket that may be part of the problem.

In addition to what you've done, have you tested the voltage at the two wires in the small alternator harness plug (key ON)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor