Banned

Any body been fishing?

Just curious if anyone has been out since it started warming up? If everything works out me and 11pounder are going to go Sunday. Can't decide where to try one of the bigger lakes or a little city lake that might have some warmer water.

2. Member
    With all the dead shad from the cold weather I think I will wait a little longer.

I went to Sooner Sunday. Caught 2 decent bass, several hybrids, a worthless white perch and one saugeye. This evening I hit Ponca for a couple hours and got skunked. Nada. Not even a bite! Dead shad everywhere on Ponca. I was hoping to get into some saugeye aka dinnerfish.

4. Member
    I got into them last Thursday catching quite a few along the edge of a channel water temp was 47 degree and the lake was five foot high my best five were a little over 18 pounds. Went back this morning and caught five largest around five pounds. The lake was five foot higher than last week and water temp was 51 degree. This was all on Pine Creek.

5. Okchamp210
    Broken Bow?

Hopefully I'll go to Gibson Sunday for while

Blanked on Grand yesterday.

Went to Stroud last Sunday and caught two 13”. Water temp was 42 and pretty clear. Very slow.

9. Member
    Caught one on Arbuckle yesterday, Blanked on Jean Neustadt in a couple hours today,

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

10. Member
    I went to Lake Raymond Gary today. Water temp was 55 degree in the main body and up to 58 degree in some of the pockets. I flipped a Zoom Z Craw into the cattails and caught 11 today. A few more of these warm days and its going to be good.

11. Banned
    Thank for the info but, my woman killed my plans having guests this weekend. I did learn a lesson never say " their your family not mine why do I have to lose a fishing trip because they come to see you?" Side note my couch is better for sleeping than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Thank for the info but, my woman killed my plans having guests this weekend. I did learn a lesson never say " their your family not mine why do I have to lose a fishing trip because they come to see you?" Side note my couch is better for sleeping than I thought it would be.
    I'm sitting here waiting on a plumber because we had a leak in our hot water tank on a Friday night. I'm sure it will be three times as much as if the leak would have happened on Thursday night. So much for fishing today.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Banned
    Got to work till 230 on Saturdays was in real hopes I could have Sunday to do what I wish but that didn't happen.

I went to Gibson on Thursday. In my head I thought "fish north west banks." So I launched up at Rocky Point. I'd never been that far north or looked at a map. I really got out to fish, not necessarily catch. Started at noon and left at 4. 18" visibility. Highest water temperature was 50° for a few minutes. We found thousands of shad under the birds.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

15. Member
    Went to Stroud today. Water temp was 50°. I got two small largemouth bass and one sand bass. I also caught an absolute giant buffalo carp. Snagged it in the tail. I was by myself and tried to weigh it - I could not hold my phone to videotape it and lift it but I got up to 43.2 pounds and still never had the whole fish off the deck. I’m sure it weighed somewhere between 45 and 50 pounds. Took me 20 minutes to wear it out, it was a lot of fun. Once it was played out I could not get it in the boat by the tail so I had to grab it by the gills, by then I was so worn out it took me three pulls to finally get it on the deck. We both sat there laying on the front of my boat looking at each other after I got him in there...LOL. I got pictures and a video. Probably should’ve weighed him officially, I have no idea what the biggest buffalo carp is out of Stroud, .. I just let him go. When I first hooked it was near the weeds in probably 2 feet of water, I thought I had a giant Bass at first........
    Last edited by itsahog; 03-06-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Went to Stroud today. Water temp was 50°. I got two small largemouth bass and one sand bass. I also caught an absolute giant buffalo carp. Snagged it in the tail. I was by myself and tried to weigh it - I could not hold my phone to videotape it and lift it but I got up to 43.2 pounds and still never had the whole fish off the deck. I’m sure it weighed somewhere between 45 and 50 pounds. Took me 20 minutes to wear it out, it was a lot of fun. Once it was played out I could not get it in the boat by the tail so I had to grab it by the gills, by then I was so worn out it took me three pulls to finally get it on the deck. We both sat there laying on the front of my boat looking at each other after I got him in there...LOL. I got pictures and a video. Probably should’ve weighed him officially, I have no idea what the biggest buffalo carpet is out of Stroud, .. I just let him go. When I first hooked it was near the weeds in probably 2 feet of water, I thought I had a giant Bass at first........
    Fun times!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175