Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BARB'S BEST FIZZ KIT - TOURNAMENT TIME is finally here!

HELLO ALL!

Just want to let everyone know i still have my fizz kits available - wanted to start getting people supplied before things warm up and get hectic😉.
    My kit is well liked by everyone that gets it/complete DETAILED instructions, and multiple good videos (in bassmaster.com) that also explain use of the kit. I train the B.A.S.S. Elite anglers when they come to the St Lawrence/ Waddington every year - so you do not have to wonder if you are getting a useful, quality product.
    Please message me at
    https://m.me/barb.elliott.127
    Through fb messenger - its the quickest, easiest way to get a hold of me. Kits are $10 each plus postage - contain TWO needle/reamer assemblies in a storage container/ DETAILED instructions/ diagrams for both lgm AND smb needle insertion points (printed on rip proof, waterproof paper...
    (For spotted bass - use the lgm landmarks! )

Look forward to hearing from a lot of you. This is NECESSARY equipment if you arecomi g up north to fush in the Great Lakes or St Lawrence River basins.

Sincerely

Barb Elliott
    (B.A.S.S. Conservation Director
    NY BN)

I can vouch for Barb's kit and instructions. I've saved a LOT of fish with it!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Can you do it via PM and pay-pal? I don't do social media.

Barb has saved many a bass with her training and equipment. We usually get close to 100% live release when Barb meets with the tournament participants prior to the event .

Limit5bass
    I absolutely can...just message me👍👍
    No oroblem!

Very kind words...thanks so very much🥰🥰

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I can vouch for Barb's kit and instructions. I've saved a LOT of fish with it!
    Makes me VERY happyvto hear that...
    #smallmouthlivesmatter

Thosectrophy smalliesxup on the St Lawrence are in the range of.15-20 years old...up north here it takes a VERY long time to grow them that big.......these trophy smallies are TREASURES...one can catch 3-4 pound smallies almost anywhere in this country...we GO to these special places to have the enjoyment of catching these fish...
    As respinsible anglers, we nerd to go ABOVE AND BEYOND the general fish care parameters.... they are VERY sensitive fish/livewell conditions need careful and continued scrutiny throughout the day. KEEP YOUR WATER LEVELS HIGH - avoid the washing machine effect - that is deadly to ALL species/KEEP THE WATER IN THE LIVEWELLS WITHIN A DEGREE OR TWO OF THE AMBIENT WATER THEY CAME OUT OF - keeping in mind the deeper water is much cooler than what the surface temp on your graph shows...
    There is SO much we as tournament anglers we can to to ensure we release VIABLE fish (fish that are released to ho on and EAT/GROW/ and REPLACE themselves in the population...
    Its NOT hard at all, but DOES take a positive effort on the oart of each and ever boater/coangler participating in these events..
    😊😊
    Contact me any time with any questions you might have...
    Sincerely,
    Barb Elliott
    Conservation Director NY BN

Smallmouth for sure, but don't forget the largemouth too! One thing I love about the kit is that it includes excellent instructions for both species. We have the same issue of our big fish being very, very old here in MN, and catch a lot of deep largemouth in addition to the deep smallmouth. In fact, I'd wager I've used it 20:1 on largemouth over smallmouth, mostly due to the lack of smallmouth in most of the lakes around the metro where I fish most of my tourneys.

Either way, taking care of these old fish is super super important! I've seen a notable decline in the quality of bass on some of the clear lakes where fish are often caught deep as tournaments have gained more and more popularity in recent years. Barb's video demonstrations showed me that fizzing a fish is way more simple than most of us believe, and her kit makes it easy to be ready and to do it right when the need arises!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

To add, these are the videos I watched that made me feel comfortable enough to do it. The smallmouth version is on Youtube, the largemouth one I can only find on Bassmaster, but both are great demonstrations to give the gist. Once you've got the general idea figured out, as Barb mentioned in her first post, rest assured that the kit includes a nice laminated illustration to serve as a reference for when you inevitably can't remember the reference points to use.

Smallmouth (Barb teaches John Crews):

Largemouth:
    https://video.bassmaster.com/detail/...argemouth-bass
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

GREAT post Drew!
    I have caught LOTS of deep lgm on the fingerlakes (Cayuga, specifically) and they ALWAYS need fizzing 👍👍
    The technique can be used ANYwhere fish suffer from barotrauma...i have used it on Walleye/drum/and perch that could not overcome their buoyancy...

Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    Can you do it via PM and pay-pal? I don't do social media.

LIMIT5BASS
    Did ypu get a hold of me? Want to make sure i dont miss anyone!
    Barb

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by barbelliot View Post
    LIMIT5BASS
    Did ypu get a hold of me? Want to make sure i dont miss anyone!
    Barb
    Sent you a PM.

Hi Barb. I sent you a PM to order some. Thanks!

14. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Email sent!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

15. Member
    I fished with barb more than once. She helped me win AOY in my club. You couldn't find a better person to spend a day with on a boat.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I fished with barb more than once. She helped me win AOY in my club. You couldn't find a better person to spend a day with on a boat.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    pm sent Barb

18. Member
    Pm sent

19. Member
    pm sent

20. Member
    Just ordered two from Barb. Sent her a message on FB and she got back to me quickly. I must say it's refreshing to see people put a little trust in another person. Barb shipped them out quickly and on top of that she said I don't have to pay until I get them(I paid already), who does that anymore?. It was a surprised as you don't see that anymore. The whole process was quick, easy and pleasant. Thanks Barb!
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast