Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Nope, 1999 new years eve at the Pontiac silverdome.

https://www.metallica.com/events/event-10361.html

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Nope, 1999 new years eve at the Pontiac silverdome.

https://www.metallica.com/events/event-10361.html
    You are right. 1-1-01 was Gund Arena. Kid Rock, Metalica, Seven Dust. Took my son and his friend up to see them.

Saw them for the first time in 86, when they opened for Ozzy. Who knew they would end up the giants they are now.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    You are right. 1-1-01 was Gund Arena. Kid Rock, Metalica, Seven Dust. Took my son and his friend up to see them.
    Ted came out riding a buffalo and shot a flaming arrow at a giant poster of Saddam Hussein, good times!

5. Member
    Awesome band. My first experience was staying out all night at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1988 to get tickets for Monsters of Rock. It was Metallica, VH, Dokken and Scorpions. That wouldn't happen today that's for damn sure.

At that point my chance for a presidential run was over. I may or may not have inhaled during that evening and that concert . Great times for sure

6. Member
    IMG00124.jpgIMG00131.jpgIMG00167.jpgIMG00151.jpgIMG00136.jpgCan't get much closer in the one Metallica show that I've been to! 2008 at Alltel Arena in NLR, AR. Photos taken with my Blackberry phone.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

7. Member
    Came out when I was in college and played the shit out of that cassette and Album. Probably get some heat for this but I kinda prefer Ride the Lightning but slightly. Masters is a great workout jam.
    Red Sox in 6!

8. Member
    I must be getting OLD but ENTER SANDMAN IS #1

9. Member
    Only saw them once and unfortunately it was at Target Center in Minneapolis in 2009. Target Center was notorious for having THE WORST acoustics prior to a major renovation. Yep, we were there before the renovation. Got tickets last minute and ended up sitting on the very top row, straight away from the stage, as far away as you could possibly be. It was still so loud and the the sound was so bad, you couldn't make out what song they were even playing! Literally, you couldn't differentiate between any guitar chords, let alone hear any lyrics. The only song we could recognize was One, and that was still horrible. Totally sober, my buddy fell asleep and I almost did as well. By far the worst concert I've ever been to due to the arena.......

Would like to see them again in a better venue where I could actually enjoy the performance.

10. Member
    1992. East Rutherford NJ. Black album tour. First concert I ever attended. Been to many concerts since. Nothing has beat it. 3 hours straight. Lot’s of dialogue with crowd. Multiple solos. Seems like they were having best time of their life and that energy went direct to the audience. Been to multiple shows of theirs since and they’re great, but none like that night in 1992! Close second is Bruce Springsteen. Another fantastic live performer.

11. Member
    Awesome! Minus the part at the very beginning and the part at the very end.

But One will always be my favorite Metallica song.

12. Member
    I forgot to add, my nephew that I went to the show with, was like a super uber fan club member and I have a digital recording copy of the entire show that we were at. That's super cool!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

13. Member
    I saw them in '86 opening for Ozzy at Poplar Creek. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

That 1988 Monsters of Rock tour had to be awesome. Wish I could’ve been there but was only 14 at the time. The fact they played before Dokken is comical. They were still too “heavy” for radio at that point.

Metallica is my favorite and I listen to them daily. Master of Puppets is in my top 3 albums from them. Its always a toss up between MoP, Ride the Lightning, and Justice for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I remember being in Algebra class in HS when a buddy let me hear it for the first time. We woukd sneak Walkman's into class.

Have seen them a few times. Snuck into an over/under 21 club to see them on the Ride The Lightning tour then a few more times over the year. The Justice For All shows were my favorite. Always a hell of a good concert.
    I think Slayer will always be my sentimental favorite from back in the day but Metallica is in the mix.

Here was the under/over 21 show I was at.

https://www.metallica.com/events/eve...?q=Albuquerque

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Here was the under/over 21 show I was at.

https://www.metallica.com/events/eve...?q=Albuquerque
    Seeing Cliff playing "Anesthesia" Live is worth bragging rights!!! Very envious of that treat you experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Seeing Cliff playing "Anesthesia" Live is worth bragging rights!!! Very envious of that treat you experienced.

I was young and dumb. I did not realize then I was seeing one of tbe great ones. Gone way too soon. I still can recall exactly what I was doing when I got news of his death. Girls were crying. It was crazy.

19. Member
    I was in HS when Master of Puppets was released. Awesome!!

These days when I'm in the shop and the beers are rollin', Whiskey In The Jar might get played pretty loud!!!
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

20. Member
    I def feel old when they play Metallica, AIC, and ect on the classic rock station

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast