Motor Build Detail

Brand new 2021 Merc 225 Pro XS 4-stroke, serial number 3B011982. Is there a way to tell the year, month, day a motor was built by the serial number or some other motor spec?
    Last edited by BrownTrout; 03-06-2021 at 06:38 AM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

If you provide that info, yes, I can see manufacture date.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Sorry Don. An oversight on my part. I've edited my post above to include the missing info.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    3B011982 was manufactured on 12/15/2020.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    3B011982 was manufactured on 12/15/2020.

6. Member
    FYI, manufacture date is on a sticker on the motor

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc View Post
    FYI, manufacture date is on a sticker on the motor
    There are a lot of stickers and manufacture dates on an engine... which pertain to the component the sticker is affixed to in most cases.