Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Wife and I got our first Pfizer shot this morning at our local CVS drug store. Next shot on the 27th.

No side effects yet, only been 7 1/2 hours.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

2. Member
    Got my first on February 4 no ill effects of any kind except sore arm. Got second Tuesday 3/2 fine that afternoon, woke up Wednesday morning, running fever, headache, and so weak and dizzy I couldn't even move around the house safely. Back to normal today.
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    J & J version was reported at 70% effectiveness in U.S. tests, versus 95% for Pfizer and Moderna.

85% against severe case of covid one and done!! yearly flu shot is 30-40% effective on any given year
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Received my second shot of Madura March 2nd around 8:40ish, at 6:30pm I was feeling very light headed and felt chills coming on. That night I couldn't move I was so achy, I was running a fever, then chills, and a terrible headache. Later in the day around 11am I started feeling better, then the same time around 6:30pm on the 3rd I started feeling a fever coming on, checked my temp at 7:30pm and it was at 100.8, I was actually able to sleep that night and woke up feeling decent. Yesterday the 4th and this morning I feel normal with no body aches, fevers, or headaches. That second shot definitely kicked my butt!

Wife and I have the 2nd shot scheduled for March 13th. First one caused no more than mild discomfort at the injection site. We live on the Arkansas side of the line, but got our shots in Texas two weeks after initial signup.
    I got mine at thru the local hospital, my wife got hers at CVS. She had us on 3 lists each at one point, and we each went with the first place that notified us, and then immediately canceled with the others so they could move someone else up on the list. It just amazes me how some states, make this process look so easy, and some states resemble a monkey f$*&ing a football trying to schedule a simple vaccine.
    Last edited by RazorCat; 03-05-2021 at 05:45 AM.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

At 81 I have decided to go the J&J route. Been blessed with good health and have not had any flu shots, etc since leaving the Navy in 1963. I really don't think the lingering side effects have been studied enough.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

7. Member
    Got my first shot,moderna, Wednesday afternoon.
    Thursday went to work. By noon felt poorly. Chills joint aches, sore arm. Went home a bit early and had low grade fever and body ache....worth it to have a bit of protection

Feeling much better this morning. I guess that the side effects from the second shot are because it contains the microchip.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Feeling much better this morning. I guess that the side effects from the second shot are because it contains the microchip.
    I get my second shot the 23rd, I told my wife we need to find the app to track the chip so we can keep up with each other

10. Member
    Scheduled for Tuesday...wife has been done for a while now (healthcare)

11. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    We got our second shot about three weeks ago. No side effects from it at all. The first shot gave my wife and I both headaches. Also felt tired for a couple of days. We debated getting the shots for several weeks. Finally, after seeing no one growing an extra ear out of their forehead after getting the shot, we decided to go for it.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

12. Member
    We got our second shot yesterday. My wife's arm was sore last night and this morning she said it hurt all the way up to her shoulder. I had a very slight headache yesterday, which is gone today. But, today I am completely exhausted. I work on Thursday mornings at our church's food give away. I was so tired that I wasn't sure I could make it through the event. I'm gonna do some serious napping this afternoon.
    About the same effects with me. A terrible headache the next day. As for pain in arm, you will get that with any shots. The bigger the needle the more sore it will be .

Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    I'm 74 and have gotten both of mine w/o any ill effects.
    I still use the same caution as before the shots, mask and
    hand sanitizer. The shot is rated 95%, I dont want that
    5% to bite me. LDS
    I'm 73, and got the Pfizer vaccine at the Dallas VA Hospital - both shots, no side effects other than this third arm which might help my casting!!

Wife and I had our 2nd shot Wednesday. No side effects for me, wife has a sore arm and headache that she said is more annoying than anything.

15. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Got my first Tuesday. Moderna. California’s starting to vaccinate farm workers. I was surprised that almost every one of my employees wanted the shot.

17. Banned
    shhhhhhhhhhh! they're watching you!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    We debated getting the shots for several weeks. Finally, after seeing no one growing an extra ear out of their forehead after getting the shot, we decided to go for it.
    does a 3rd arm count???

19. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    First shot end of December and second end of January. No side affects with either.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    does a 3rd arm count???
    you wish:p
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12