Made In Good Ole USA Lithium Batteries

Who makes Lithium in the USA, just noticed looking at the Relion relabeled batteries at BPS that they are made in China, just like most of BPS stuff is.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Nobody for the consumer market.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

From what I understand there are a few who actually assemble them in the US but all the lithium parts come from China.

4. Member
    Someone may make them out of Japanese parts, but none from US parts. Assembled here perhaps. I am concerned about the long term viability of chinese cells. Contemplating building my own for that reason. Cost is about the same, but it is a lot of effort.

Interesting article about six largest lithium mining countries. China actually imports it to supplement their mining.

Top six lithium-producing countries around the world in 2019 (nsenergybusiness.com)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Who makes Lithium in the USA, just noticed looking at the Relion relabeled batteries at BPS that they are made in China, just like most of BPS stuff is.
    Relion has Offices all over the world. With the price point of the "tracker" batteries they are not the ones they assemble in the USA. They may in fact contract those out. But to their spec's. JMO Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 03-04-2021 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Changed factories to offices (my assumption)
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    Doesn't battleborn assemble in the US?
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

8. Member
    Tracker says assembled in the USA but who knows.

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Assembled is not the same as made.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger55 View Post
    Tracker says assembled in the USA but who knows.
    Goto BPS online site, pull up the Tracker Lithium picture and you will see "Made In China"............

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Goto BPS online site, pull up the Tracker Lithium picture and you will see "Made In China"............
    Anybody using the BPS/Tracker lithium batteries? If so, any reviews/opinions?

12. Member
    The sale of those is a new thing. You need to ask yourself if you trust BPS. If you have one break will they take care of you? You can at least be sure they will not be going out of business soon. No matter where or who makes them. I think Relion is another dependable link in that chain. I don't know anything about those particular batteries. Comes down to having confidence in BPS. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRedd View Post
    Anybody using the BPS/Tracker lithium batteries? If so, any reviews/opinions?
    lot better options out there IMO As far as price and warranty. Such as Ionic or Impulse, Amped is another decent lithium however not a great warranty.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    lot better options out there IMO As far as price and warranty. Such as Ionic or Impulse, Amped is another decent lithium however not a great warranty.
    Definitely agree but with a Cabela's (or BPS) card the purchase is easy for many people. I looked at them again and they have 2 separate 100AH battery's for sale, one was a deep cycle and the other was for starting. I understand these are different loads however my recent purchase of an Ionic 125AH will serve both as well my 100AH will serve as a backup to start the engine and be the third battery for my trolling motor. I look at what I paid and the warranty, verses BPS finding no warranty (maybe I didn't look very hard, I am sure they do but I can't imagine 8 years), relatively more expensive, and the question/answers are somewhat incomplete. The Sponsors here on BBC are really on top of their game. Both K & K and Drewcraft have done a great job in answering questions who's answers are direct, make sense, and provide a great understanding of the application as well as environment and real life experiences using these batteries. I see BPS as a "We now have Lithium's" and the average guy may do well despite understanding the nuances of LiFePo4 batteries.
    Last edited by DavidAnderson; 03-06-2021 at 01:40 PM.

15. Member
    From what I saw on the BPS website the Tracker lithium batteries have a 5 year warranty and include BMS to prevent overcharging. Group 27 deep cycle battery was $699.99. Not much information on compatible charger in the Q/A section. As David Anderson said it may be easier for folks to just purchase there and trust BPS would stand behind their warranty/product should an issue arise. It is interesting that Amped's warranty is 3 years as it seems others are between 5-10 years. I haven't heard of problems with Amped lithium batteries but maybe I missed it.

16. Member
    There are no lithium marine batteries presently made in the USA. There are some assembled in the USA from cells made in china or japan.