Traditional Drain Plug ? 2010 TR18

I picked up a 2010 tr18 today. Going to take to lake in the morning and wondering about “the plug”. I have read several threads about the plugs for the live wells. But is there a traditional plug in the back compartment where the bilge is located? I dont want to sink the boat the first day out..

Can someone help to new guy?

Matt

2. Member
    There is a drain plug if that's what you are asking. It's up under the step in the hull. You also need to install the live well plugs if you want to keep water out of the wells or to use the wells.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

3. Member
    Thanks for your reply. I need just a bit more clarification. I’m talking about the holes in the back/bottomD1EEC5FC-D1DA-49B4-B662-3FFF12AC9B43.jpeg of the boat on the transom.
    Do i need to put at plug into this drain hole before putting the boat into the water? I know this is a prob a stupid question but there is not a good way to plug from the inside.

The hole in the center at the bottom does need a plug and it should screw in from the outside. It does it go in from the inside like you would have on a Jon boat or similar. For the livewell, there should be a rubber plug that you push into the drain in the bottom of the livewell. Since it looks like the bilge plug is missing, I am going to guess the livewell plug is missing too.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Fantastic - Thanks for helping me keep it on the water instead of under it.. LOL

6. Member
    Berudd is spot on. They are usually 1” npt and available on amazon. The livewell plugs are air chamber plugs from moeller....believe they are 3/4”.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Should add the the live well plug is not a necessity to use the boat. Not having them just means the livewell will fill up when you put it in the water. It will also drain freely as well which I think means you will lose water when you are on plane so that would not be good if you have fish in there.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

8. Member
    Thanks again for the awesome info.