Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by limitlong View Post
    I think there is a lot on the Blackwater that is listed at 1.4 million. My dream of retiring on Smith Mountain Lake must include winning the lottery.
    Limitlong, if you are patient and look around there are homes that are reasonably priced and in reasonable locations. Just don't get too far in the back of a creek as when we have a severe dry spell and the lake drops 4 feet you might not be able to get a boat off of a lift.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Seems about right or cheap for an acre. I am seeing .25 acre lots not on the water for 100-150k
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

3. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Those prices are crazy.

I have an approximatey an acre lot on Lake Beshears in Dawson Springs KY. 700 acre lake rated in top 5 bass fishing lakes in KY.

I would sell in a heartbeat for that kind of money....or even much less

Every year on Lake Minnetonka here in the Twin Cities at least 4 or 5 houses are bought that cost in excess of $1 million so that the new owner can demolish the existing house and build what they want. The craziest I've seen was one on a point in one of the major bays on the lower lake (clearest water) that sold for $3.5 million. Beautiful house. Demolished it to build a new one. I'm fairly confident that particular new construction caught fire and burned during the build as well, but may have that one confused with another. It's out of hand around here. A decent house on a decent lake within 2 hours out of the metro is likely to fetch a half million.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    The gap between the haves and have nots will continue to grow and they will completely control everything...
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

6. Member
    Ok...so im not gonna bitch about what itnis costing me to gbuild in my neck of the woods anymore lol...and its close to 3800sq ft lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    Price an acre on Old Hickory. Half a mil might reserve you a spot in line to buy. 1/3 acre lots were going for 400-500K over 10 years ago.
    Bought one on Old Hickory 5 years ago. Nice 1 acre lot, fairly new dock, decent sized house, great location for what I knew was a hell of a deal (it was never on the market). 595K. I would not take 1.2 mil for it today. I mean, if I want to be on the lake, where would I go and what would I pay?

8. Banned
    Makes me glad I bought my little 105 acre farm 20 years ago. Not on a lake, but a small river and a creek border two sides of it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Lake of the ozarks is another crazy place you can’t touch 1/4 acre for under 100,000 if it’s decent
    -
    Real estate went bonkers on LOZ last year. Just like boat and RV sales. I'll bet in a year or so the pendulum will swing the other way.

10. Banned
    All real-estate is going through the roof outside of the Cities.

11. dartag1829
    That is a deal. I live on a big lake in SE Michigan. 50 wide x200 deep lots go for 600k. People are buying 100 foot lots. Tearing the house down and splitting the lots. Then building houses on each lot. The houses have sold for 1.2-1.5 Million. The township loves it because both property tax bills for each house will be around 25k a year.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    I have to laugh bc this is sooooo true.

We just had to kick back a loan app turned in from a sales rep over DTI. Some of these people have astronomical mortgages for their incomes.
    they have extra income coming in thats not being reported for whatever the reason
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

The average acre is $150-200,000 here
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    That is a deal. I live on a big lake in SE Michigan. 50 wide x200 deep lots go for 600k. People are buying 100 foot lots. Tearing the house down and splitting the lots. Then building houses on each lot. The houses have sold for 1.2-1.5 Million. The township loves it because both property tax bills for each house will be around 25k a year.
    thats over $2000.00 a month just for property taxes.nope not for me.i might not find a place on the lake but i will just keep my 1.5mil and go rent
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

16. Member
    Pretty much the same all over, if it's lake shore property it will be high priced...The lake property for sale here in Sota land is high too,and 85% of it seasonal mid May-mid August.
    Last edited by JTN; 03-05-2021 at 12:46 PM.

17. Member
    should get a discount if the lake is frozen part of the year
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Lake front property, they aren't making any more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123