Thread: Deep thoughts

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Control what you can like diet, exercise, sleep, stress your commitment to your family etc..... Don’t waste time dwelling on the things you can’t control. Start treating your body like you do your boat and truck. Would you guys put chit fuel additives in your truck or boat and expect it to run flawlessly for years or never do any maintenance, never change the brakes or shocks ? Of course not so why do you do it to your body. Eating like crap and never getting any physical activity is just a recipe for disaster.

2. Member
    Since a lot of you are trying to figure out how you will or want to go, let me tell you how my father met his end. 71 and just a few days short of 72 at 2 in the morning he was having SEX! Mom let it slip out to me and I said “SEX!!??” . She said yes. Your father was still very much alive. I thought about it and decided after nearly 50 years of marriage to the same person it was as good a way to go as any! She said “ when he went, he went. I was upset at first but thought he suffered only a second or so and passed. He was fortunate not to suffer a slow death such as cancer.

3. Banned

4. Member
    Just want to spend some time with the grandsons
    mom made it to 85 and dad to 89

5. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    So many factors that can effect the time you have left on this rock. Enjoy the time you have...DON'T STRESS! I truly believe you'll live longer on a shitty diet than you will worrying about whether your good diet is good enough. And for goodness sake,....hydrate!!
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post

7. Member
    76 still hunting and fishing and climbing into deer stands i hate to think about not being able to do the things i love but i know my days are numbered i thank god for every day that i wake up and can do the things i like, but i also think him for sending his son so i could have eternal life someday. just imagine having a lake house on the best bass lake in heaven not to mention my new ranger and new truck to pull it with.and having a family reunion like never before

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

9. Member
    I'm 58...I'm going to enjoy life and not worry about how much time I have left. I hope when I'm gone my family thinks about how i enjoyed life and not...waiting to die as I got older.

10. Member
    62 and was diagnosed with Dementia a year ago. Second opinion said no. Still going to get a full checkup and psych evaluation to get closer to the truth. Believe it's somewhere in between. So yes I think about it. Retired prematurely with no means but I have what's important to continue till I can't anymore if my diagnoses was accurate. The only treatment is a healthy lifestyle so I am reconnecting with friends and family and living each day knowing the promise for longevity is given to none of us. Never take anger or sorrow to bed. Express who you are when your able and respect others right to the same. Learn kindness.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 03-05-2021 at 05:44 PM.

11. Member
    Yes, No male in my family tree has made it past 66. My big thing is some now correctable heart issues from my dad's side, but what is worse is eye and retinal detachment issues from my mothers. I just want to be active and lucid until my last day. Told my kids that if I can't get out of the chair, bring me a handful of pills and a Captain Morgan and Coke and I will do the rest. Not afraid but is the process that has me worried. Pray most days.

12. Member
    I am 66 and don't dwell on it. You cant change what is.

I'm in my 30's. Step dad's was gone at 52/57 (ALS & MI). My mom's dad was gone at 36 (MI). Have one uncle who was gone at 50 (cancer), the other one is on his way out at 70 (cancer)..the list goes on with far too many young deaths. I've had a TBI at 18 which should have killed me at Pearl Harbor..1" made a difference between life and death, as well as two heart issues, some of that hereditary some from bad decisions when i was a young gym rat. It's a reality to me that is in the back of my mind so I live each day to the best. I take better care of myself now physically, but i should work on it more (esp weight wise). I take far more risks than some of my friends..racing boats etc, but i've always been an adrenaline junkie..its what i live for (besides my daughter, she's #1), and i'd venture to say a lot of my risk taking has to do with the expectation that my time may be less than I expect.

BC of my family history and my personal stuff I planned out estate stuff at a younger age. Life insurance, trusts, etc. My kids (bio and step) and wife would be very well provided for. I hope that none of that is needed...I plan for a long life, but if I went tomorrow, while I want to do so much more I've had one hell of a ride. My wife has an envelope of final docs/wishes. there are two other backup copies with people in our family.
    Last edited by The Bass Junkie; 03-05-2021 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvl2700 View Post
    Yes, No male in my family tree has made it past 66. My big thing is some now correctable heart issues from my dad's side, but what is worse is eye and retinal detachment issues from my mothers. I just want to be active and lucid until my last day. Told my kids that if I can't get out of the chair, bring me a handful of pills and a Captain Morgan and Coke and I will do the rest. Not afraid but is the process that has me worried. Pray most days.
    My step dad who raised me, died at 52 of ALS. Looking back on it over a decade after his death(he was sick from when i was 17-23). I wouldn't have changed much about my time with him but he wanted it to end differently. I wish it would have, and it's something I wish legally his wishes could have been followed so much earlier, or that he would have had the physical ability to carry out his choices when his mind was ready. He was an NP, so he knew what was happening but certain things happened quicker than he expected. Knowing what I know now I know the choices I would make.

He died during finals week, and they delayed telling me so that i wouldn't tank my exams. Once i was done they told me...and i went straight to the airport to fly to the funeral. He was a good man who suffered far too long.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Good song!

Dad had first heart attack at 39, died after 2nd at 50...I'll be 57 this year...chose this song to dance with my daughter after giving her away to a great guy a few years ago...was somewhat concerned I might not have gotten the chance...got a lot more fishing to do before I go hopefully...some more with her still, and maybe some with grandkids someday

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

16. Banned
    Keeping an eye on thread until it gets to the 're-incarnation' part...

Buddhist; Cathar; folks who screwed up and want to 'make right'....

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Keeping an eye on thread until it gets to the 're-incarnation' part...

Buddhist; Cathar; folks who screwed up and want to 'make right'....
    ...some say your gonna come back in a garden, bunch of carrots and little green peas. I think I'll just let the Mystery be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234