Thread: Solix or helix

Solix or helix

Looking to add another bird up front to pair with my solix at the console. It would be mainly for mapping and 2D, possibly mega360 later. I keep hearing about more problems with the solix making me lean towards the helix. Opinions on which might be better in this situation?

2. Member
    If you plan to get Mega 360 later, would need to be a compatible model. Only the Helix MSI+ or MDI+ models are compatible. If you plan to network the bow and console units, sharing is limited between a Helix and Solix model to waypoints only.

Compatible with the following HELIX models: HELIX 15 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 15 MEGA DI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 12 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 12 MEGA SI+ GPS G3N, HELIX 12 MEGA DI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 12 MEGA DI+ GPS G3N, HELIX 10 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 10 MEGA SI+ GPS G3N, HELIX 10 MEGA DI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 10 MEGA DI+ GPS G3N, HELIX 9 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 9 MEGA SI+ GPS G3N, HELIX 9 MEGA DI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 9 MEGA DI+ GPS G3N, HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, HELIX 8 MEGA SI+ GPS G3N
    Compatible with all APEX models and all SOLIX G2 and G3 models
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Since you already have Solix, I would definitely stick with Solix for the added device. Two primary reasons... 1) Solix to Helix sharing is limited to Waypoints only and 2) the menu systems are totally different and trying to keep up with where to find what is problematic. The biggest hurdle for new Solix users is learning the interface and gestures but, since you are already a Solix user, you are already over that hump.

With that said, I can't imagine not having the convenience of the touch screen and the ability to totally customize my views with the Solix.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    The biggest issue in my mind is potential problems. Multiple people have told me helix is more robust than the solix. Prostaff and non staff guys.