Thread: Wiring question

Wiring question

Can anyone tell me what these 3 wires power and why they are hooked up this way? This is on a 2009 Phoenix 721.

2. Member
    They are connected to a resettable fuse, which is why they are mounted like that. I bet they are going to graphs but would have to look around or trace them to be sure. Look in the bow and console area and see if you see any similar size wiring.

3. Scraps
    The thick one a Power Pole pump?? Or engine starter lead. Assume this is cranking battery. Reasons is there are no additional available studs. Don't like doing it that way since it could affect performance if each of those wires is pulling a load but going through one stud that might not have enough capacity.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Its not graphs I ran dedicated wiring myself for that. So that is a resettable fuse there connected to? Both of those smaller wires have 10 amp inline fuses. Yes its the cranking battery and I don't have power poles. Why would you need the resettable fuse?

5. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    Its not graphs I ran dedicated wiring myself for that. So that is a resettable fuse there connected to? Both of those smaller wires have 10 amp inline fuses. Yes its the cranking battery and I don't have power poles. Why would you need the resettable fuse?
    They might have been for graphs at an earlier date. Realistically probably for the bilge pump.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Is that something that I need? What would happen if I just hooked it up normal without the fuse? I’m just trying to clean all my connections up.

I figured out what all three wires are. One of the small ones is for the float power on the bilge the other small one is for both live well pump outs at the same time. The larger one is the main power to the switch panel. If all 3 of these have a inline fuse do I need the resettable breaker/fuse?