2020 Z19 Hook2 5C With or Without Maps?

I ordered a new Nitro last year and when it came in the salesman said they had to upgrade my console graph to 7'' due to the installer cutting the hole too big. At the time I thought that was pretty cool but a couple weeks ago a friend of mine was going to show me a spot on my maps to fish and I told him mine didn't come with maps just a gps. He told me the standard graph should have had maps on it, now I'm thinking when they upgraded to a 7'' they gave me one without maps. Is there anybody that can confirm if I should have had maps on my graph?

What do you mean no maps? I guess you talking about the lowrance mapping think its called c-Map. That did not come on all units. Depends on the model you got.

What is the standard graph on a z19?

They have made so many changes to the elite's and hooks its hard to keep track on those.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    It was the Hook2 5 Combo (That's what is listed in the catalog) Choose between ‘X’ models with GPS or ‘Combo’ models with mapping capabilities. Note: 'GPS Only/X' models do not have mapping or support add-on mapping This is what I can find on Lowrance's website. This is what makes me think I should have got the maps.
    Last edited by dartcase; 03-05-2021 at 09:46 AM.

4. Member
    from a nitro salesman , no the standard nitro hook units do not come with detailed mapping. it is a very basic "here is where you are gps"

5. Member
    Last edited by Boat4Life; 03-07-2021 at 08:54 AM.

6. Member
    So last week I got a call from BPS and the manager who was very nice told me yes I should have got the model with maps. We talked about about what to do for a solution and I asked can I just take mine out and bring it in and swap out for the correct one. She had no problem with that but she had to make sure that it was that simple as far as plug and play. She had a guy look into it while I was on the phone and he said that it should be that easy. So that weekend I went up to my place and removed the graph and took it in into BPS and they handed me the newer version the Hook 7 Reveal Split Shot. By looking on the back side of the unit everything looks to be the same but I won't know until I get back up there which won't be this weekend but next. I'm hoping they installed the split shot transducer at the factory beings I was originally suppose to get the Hook2 5 Combo. I'm hoping everything is as easy as plug and play and I don't have to worry about how to run the wires and install the split shot transducer. I did study both cut out templates and there is a little difference in size but I think it won't be that bad using a Dremel and adjusting the size of the cut out. All I can say at this point BPS has been great and really easy to work with.