Shaft Length Old MG Tour Edition Digital vs Minnkota Ultrex

Thinking about updating my old MG Tour Edition Digital to a Minnkota Ultrex before a trip to Vermillion this Summer. The shaft length on the MG measures 42 inches and on my Reata 210 that has worked fine in pretty much any water I would want to fish. The mounts are obviously different between the MG and the Ultrex which would / could change how deep the head can go in the water at it's lowest setting. So if 42 works for me now in the MG, what length shaft should I get for the Ultrex?

thanks, Steve

2. Member
    The shortest shaft that comes with the Ultrex is 45" If you have a 42" shaft on a Motor Guide then 45 will do you just fine. Look at the Threads on the top of this forum. I think there is an explanation of the lengths.

3. Member
    If your use to the Tour Digital, I would consider looking at the MG Tour Pro, only True Cable Steer with spot lock on the market.
    The 45" shaft should work fine there also. Nothing against the others as they make great products also. Just nice to have the robustness of something that is Mechanical/Electrical over just Electric.