The birth of a Church

2. Member
    I have listened to David Curtis many times over the years but had never heard his story on how he became a full preterist and journey. Our stories are very similar.

I too was a pastor and dealt with almost the identical things that happened to him. I asked for a sabbatical for 6 months to study an issue I had discovered. I was then asked by my fellow elders "what issue" LOL

I was asked many times to start a new church by members of my old church and friends but declined. I felt our city didn't need another church there are zillions , but rather I thought it best to meet with several pastors at other churches and thats exactly what I did over the next several months. I met with 11 of them and to my dismay, NOT ONE OF THEM EVER OPENED THE BIBLE DURING OUR DISCUSSIONS. They basically said, there is no way that could be true.

Well I was certainly green at the time but spent the next 6 years studying 6-10 hours a day. The funny thing about my journey, once I believed full preterism was true (after about 2 years) I spent 4 years trying to disprove it . HaHa, You guys can see where that got me :)

P.s.

About 7 years later a pastor friend of mine asked me to come teach a series at his Church on the differences between Free Will and Election. The series was going to last approximately 4 months. One of my old friends from my old church showed up there out of the blue and would stand up during my lecture and state I was a heretic , saying I was just gonna use that opportunity to sneak in preterism. It was a sad sight to see .
    Last edited by godsdozer; 03-02-2021 at 06:41 PM.

3. Banned
    Because they did not open their Bibles, does not mean they were wrong, not saying they are right either. I met with some gentlemen from Church to discuss an issue and to my dismay they did not bring their Bibles, it kinda upset me at the time. I still think I was right, but who knows really.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Because they did not open their Bibles, does not mean they were wrong, not saying they are right either. I met with some gentlemen from Church to discuss an issue and to my dismay they did not bring their Bibles, it kinda upset me at the time. I still think I was right, but who knows really.
    Gbs , your logic is correct . I do not dispute that. did you watch entire video ?

Thanks !

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Gbs , your logic is correct . I do not dispute that. did you watch entire video ?

Thanks !
    No, honestly I've been busy tonight, plus my ADD, I haven't clicked on it yet.

6. Member
    I believe that you are both right with the disrespect on their part. Image I would go to discuss wetlands with DEC, and not bring a set of site plans so that we could ALL be on the same page of our discussion. BTW, Dozer, they called all those that believed 95 theses ML posted in the 16 century heretics, which we know different now.
    I have been told that I am a little crazy, but I guess it may be what keeps me from going insane.

7. Member
    Dig, I appreciate your post .

I do not care what another believer or non believer calls me regarding my relationship with Jesus the Christ and my beliefs about the bible I have. If I am wrong ..................so be it.

I can tell you this, I know ( if God is omniscient ) the Lord Jesus Christ KNOWS my study and labor in the Word I have conducted in my life to understand him, if I would be condemned for my current beliefs...................so be it. I know God knows how to Judge with Mercy and Grace. That is what I depend and count on.

If it is about me being good enough , or Just enough or Righteous enough or Godly enough on my own behalf..........................I will not cut the mustard before a Pure , Right , Holy , Just and Perfect God. I know I cannot stand before him . I need Jesus to impart to me a foreign righteousness something that is not of me but of God. I could go on and on. Without Jesus I know at best I am filthy rags.

Someone sent me a private message recently ...........................I told him I lost all ...a pastorship , church friends, personal friends who attended other church's , family and everything things else...........................But as Paul said, I count it all Joy. It was the most satisfying , most joyful time the most freeing time of my entire life other than when Christ forgave me of my sins. There is freedom in knowing what Christ did .

:)

8. Member

I meant to ask you GBS, what was the issue ?

9. Member
    Dozer,
    I can understand losing a few friends, church and otherwise. I went through that deal when we were in process of building our current sanctuary. Nevertheless, after much prayer, many cuts and pisses off people, we have exactly what GOD had planned for us, with 1.2 million dollars of less loan to worry about for things that clearly were not in GOD's plans.
    At the end of the day, my family has had many weddings, baptisms, and a few memorials, and the remaining members have all been blessed also.