Falcon Cara (New Model)

I searched the forums and major search engines without much for reviews of actual on water performance. Most of what I can find is initial thoughts on the rod, does anyone out there have any amount of time put into these rods?

I'm interested in the 7'2 MH Swim Jig model the most, but any input is great.

Thanks.

I don't have any time in but I got a 7' spinning rod for Christmas from the wife and it seems decent and good quality... I was a little worried at first, until it came in but looks pretty well built.

3. Member
    I’m surprised this thread didn’t pick up more traction ... LOL
    Now that these rods have hit the water ...
    Whats everyone’s thoughts on them ?
    How are them new Cara’s????
    I have mine ..
    Lighter .. Little more sensitive, However I still love the quality of construction on all my older Cara’s.
    Especially the ST versions ... I find them to be close to the Cara’s in terms of sensitivity.
    All that said ... The Expert rods are also pretty damn sensitive and they are actually lighter than the Cara’s.
    I have weighed them both multiple times
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcoast Bassin View Post
    I’m surprised this thread didn’t pick up more traction ... LOL
    Now that these rods have hit the water ...
    Whats everyone’s thoughts on them ?
    How are them new Cara’s????
    I have mine ..
    Lighter .. Little more sensitive, However I still love the quality of construction on all my older Cara’s.
    Especially the ST versions ... I find them to be close to the Cara’s in terms of sensitivity.
    All that said ... The Expert rods are also pretty damn sensitive and they are actually lighter than the Cara’s.
    I have weighed them both multiple times
    Agreed, I thought I'd get more information. I actually put finding a Falcon rod on the back burner because I just didn't find enough feedback to pull the trigger.

5. Member
    Birdman ... Almost seems like guys are hesitant to compliment the new rods .
    Im not sure why ? They are pretty damn nice ��
    My only complaint is that god awful screw luck nut.
    Its stops you from being able to put your index finger on the blank.
    Definitely not crazy about it.
    The blank and overall rod balance is excellent.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

The problem is the any amount of time put on them. fit and finish is very acceptable. I'm not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber nut, I hate a squared off edge when my finger rests. In the coming weeks i'll get some time in on these rods as will other i'm sure
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225