AVX2080 with an Evinrude

I found a 2019 AVX2080 but it has an Evinrude. Should I steer clear?

2. Member
    I have an 1880 with an Evinrude. I wouldn't hesitate, great motor with great power. There will always be someone who can service it.

3. Member
    If the price is right go for it. Parts are available, warranty is still good.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

From what I have heard ( buddy is in serious research mode and has likely looked at the boat the OP is referencing) BRP is committed to supporting the brand for nine years.

Harley did the same when they shuttered Buell in ‘09, I bought a neutral side stand switch and clutch cut off switch for it in ‘19 right before I sold my XB12

5. Member
    If you don’t buy it, PM me the location. I would love to upgrade my 2019 1980/G2 to a 2019 2080/G2.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

The ‘Rude may be a great motor and BRP may be supplying parts now, but what about a few years from now? They say they’ll have parts for many years to come, but what if they don’t? Also, after owning the rig for several years, your resale value will be substantially reduced compared to the same rig with a Merc or Yamaha. It’s your money, just be aware of the downside before you buy.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    The ‘Rude may be a great motor and BRP may be supplying parts now, but what about a few years from now? They say they’ll have parts for many years to come, but what if they don’t? Also, after owning the rig for several years, your resale value will be substantially reduced compared to the same rig with a Merc or Yamaha. It’s your money, just be aware of the downside before you buy.
    You can still find OMC FastStrike and Ficht parts...just sayin' and OMC is gonzo.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

04 Evinrude on my boat and have no issues with owning that engine. If the price is right and the engine checks out, buy it!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    brp isn't going anywhere
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    I look at it like this, there are thousands of G2's on the water today and at some point they will need service and/or parts, this is still part of making money for the manufacturers and if they decide to not make parts then the aftermarket companies will gladly jump in and make parts for older motors just like they do now. There are many generations of motors regardless of mfg that are no longer made and have not been made for many years but yet there is still parts availability through either the OEM or aftermarket companies. I think that at the very least BRP will be very involved through any of the current warranty programs. The g2 is a great motor and if you can buy it right or don't plan on reselling in the near future I would not hesitate to buy it.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

11. Member
    I found a couple of these used AVX2080/G2 200HO boats at a Vexus dealer (Just Add Water) after seeing this post. I was considering a trade-up from my 1980/G2. They both sold this weekend, and the dealer is located on the water (huge pond) so great place to test drive them too. That is two AVX2080/G2 200HO from the same dealer sold this weekend. Make your own judgement, but people know what they’re getting with these powerful & fuel efficient outboard motors. All the best to the new owners. I know they are going to love them!

I love my 2080 with a G2 200, its one hell of a motor and boat.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

13. Member

G2

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    I love my 2080 with a G2 200, its one hell of a motor and boat.
    Dont do it .Big Big mistake.Resale will keep dropping like a rock.

14. Member
    I agree that they still make parts for discontinued engines but most of those engines are not on 2 year old boats. I think the resale will be tough as time goes on.

15. Member
    Most of these 2019 & 2020 AVX2080/G2 combos have 10, 7, or 5 year warranties on them. I communicated with the seller of those two that sold this weekend. The price did not suffer in any way because they were Evinrude powered boats. They were discounted somewhat from full resale price only because they had some hours on the motor and use on the boat. “Prices dropping like a rock” has not been my experience when looking at sales of used Evinrude powered boats. They talk to owners and people who are getting their Evinrude serviced and warrantied like me, and buy the boat with its transferable warranty.