Tatula LT 3000/2500 Fluoro Management and Loomis EX6 802S

Needed to upgrade my spin rig game for light plastics, tubes, etx. Mostly as a river and reservoir smallie rod for #6-8 fluoro and also wanted to be able to skip docks a little with this rod too. Felt like the 6’8” size would work for me.

Looked at a bunch of rods and went with the Loomis EX6 802s.

Had to get a reel for the rod and I couldn’t really decide between the Tatula LT 3000D and the LT 2500 which was what my tackle shop had in stock.

The 2500 really felt better balanced on the rod I think but the 3000D felt pretty good too. I was thinking I would try to fish more straight #6-8 fluoro on this rod for a while so I went with the 3000D size. This reel has the deep spool.

It’s a little bit lighter than the LT 3000 because of the deeper spool. I will probably never need to use all of the line on the spool and can just fill it up with some backing.

Just curious about if any of you prefer to fish Daiwa’s 2500 or 3000 reel on your light to medium spin rig plastics rods from #6-10 fluoro or even braid for any particular reason.

2. Member
    I use 10lb braid with my tatula LT CHX but it’s not the deep spool.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

3. Member
    Like born 2 fish I have the 3000 CXH and I use 10 lb braid. I also have the 2500 and that gets braid too. I prefer shallower spools because the reg/deep spools require far more line than I'll ever need. Even if you are backing with mono it seems like a waste to me. I know some people say shallower spools also allow for longer casting and better line management because you have fewer layers of line (I think that is the theory), but I have no experience testing this theory out so I can't comment on that issue.

Regarding the 2500 vs the 3000. I think both are great reels. The 3000 has a wider spool and I do believe this allows for longer casts and better line management especially with lighter lures. My 3000s are used primarily with my longer lighter spinning gear to throw light unweighted plastics, light hair jigs, light Ned rigs....

As far as line management I would recommend buying a line conditioner for fluoro. I used to fish with fluoro more often and the KVD line conditioner made a big difference. Also the type of fluoro can make a big difference with management softer and more subtle over stiffer, although some argue stiffer is more sensitive. I guess there is always a trade off.

I'm not sure this helps much, hopefully someone with more direct experience using fluoro and the 3000D can weigh in and help.

4. Member
    Appreciate the comments! I think I’ll stick with the 3000D since I already have it. I don’t need the capacity, but I always have some old mono or off length braid that’s sitting around that I can use as backing. And maybe one day I’ll tangle with a 50 pound striper that I won’t be able to chase down and I’ll be like, “What luck I had by going with the deep spool!” :)