Novice Chip Question re: transferring Waypoints and Trails

In between boats right now. I have old boat being sold at the dealer while new one is being built, but realized I may have forgotten something. I have a CMap Florida Trophy Lakes Chip. I need to save my waypoints and trails off my Gen3 units (unless these are saved to the chip automatically). Will those save to the same CMap chip, or do I have to save to a separate SD card and insert both in the new unit?

They will save to the same chip, just select it from the save menu. ( these are an overlay and only exist in real time on the HDS unit they are not automatically saved to the card)
    I have done this often with waypoints but don’t know if that also saves trails or if that is a separate operation. Hopefully NoCal or TC will weigh in.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    I personally would not save anything to a mapping chip. IMO, they are stand alone and not to be used for routine operations. Get a mSD card less than 32gb. You can save a file of all your waypoints, routes, and trails in the Files menu and transfer it to the new units in one shot.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    NoCal is correct...............DO NOT try to write or copy any Navionics card. They are write protected and that will ruin them forever.

Connect any HDS to another with an ethernet cable. Turn them all ON and all the units will populate all the waypoints and trails to every machine on that network.

5. Charles Sim
    Yeah I always use a separate chip, I also often divide my waypoints into sections.

Here's a little how to video:

6. Member
    Thanks all. I will run by the dealer and download on to a MicroSD (under 32GB). I will probably be back whenever the new boat is completed to ask how to upload...but I think that one may be simple.

Appreciate the help.