2017 225 pro xs throttle question

<2B362352>

Probably a stupid question but i noticed today that when my hot foot is all the way down against the stop, the butterfly is only 3/4 open. Is this normal or should the butterfly open all the way at wot? Its been this way since i bought it new from dealer and believe it performs as it should as far as speed and rpm. I am just curious. Outboard is a 2017 225 pro xs 2 stroke
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 03-02-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    ><(((•>

2. Member
    Following... Curious that you are getting full speed and RPM as well at 3/4 throttle with a 25p Tempest. Let's see what Don says.

Serial # 2B362352
    ><(((•>

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Should be all the way open, with approximately .020" clearance at the throttle plate.

See the following post, from the FAQ Section:

Hotfoot Adjustment/Setup

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Should be all the way open, with approximately .020" clearance at the throttle plate.

See the following post, from the FAQ Section:

Hotfoot Adjustment/Setup
    Thank you! Wow had this boat for almost 4 years and never had it wide open. Never thought this would need to be checked when set up new from the dealership.
    ><(((•>