Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you have a weird food “allergy”

Mine is onions. Can’t eat them, can’t smell them, can’t have them touch my food. It’s horrible but I can’t help it. I’ve tried. I’m talking like you can hide them or grill them or dehydrate or even fry them, I will start gaging immediately. I have to read the back of anything new at the store to make sure it doesn’t have them. So what’s yours?

2. Member
    blueberry's I love them but they do not love me. Funny thing is I ate them until I was around 20 then if I even look at one I half die lol.
    Been 45 years since I ate any of them.

Coconut...
    If I eat it, I get the worst case of sharts ever. I grew up eating Asain food and coconut is used in many versions. Unfortunately, I didn't learn of my issue until I was old enough to put the two together.

Dairy...
    I get sinus issues if I eat too much. During the holidays, I love me some cheese plates / charcuterie plates. Then I get stuffed up and eventually a bloody nose. If I'm not careful, I'll get a sinus infection.

HAHAHAHA
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

4. Member
    Only the last couple of years I have become lactose intolerant for some reason. Just about any dairy product really hits me in the worse way. I have enjoyed dairy products all my life with no issues until now.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

5. Member
    funny (not actually) how we change over time in regards to this

6. Member
    Chicken.

7. Member
    Beer, sometimes it makes me sick, it always gives me the farts. I must be allergic.

8. Member
    Eggs. I used to eat them all the time. In the last 20 yrs if I eat them I get sick as can be and a pounding head ache
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Whatever it is that puts the tang in ketchup or the warmth in chili does weird things to me. First my scalp will start itching. Then I will break out in a sweat. I don't mean a bead or two, I mean the sweat will run down my face like it's 110 with 95% humidity. Five minutes after I quit eating everything is back to normal. The weird thing is my father was the same way.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

10. Member
    I’ve grown lactose intolerant in the past few years. I can eat small amounts of ice cream but milk will certainly turn my stomach into a gurgling, angry demon. Also, roux based stews can do a number as well which is tough being from S. Louisiana.

11. Member
    Blueberries for me. I get a rash and my throat starts to swell shut. Eggs also make me sick as a dog after loving them for the first 35 years of my life.

12. Member
    Onions --yellow or white---cooked or raw
    I can eat Purple onions as long as they are not cooked.
    I like onions but they eat me up !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

13. Member
    I notice chocolate milk has started to mess with me, and I love it...but I don't dare drink it if I'm not near a bathroom haha. The other weird one is Apple Cinnamon instant oatmeal, I get severe indigestion as soon as I finish a bowl, like so bad I feel like i cant breathe...after the second time it happened, I quit eating it.

14. Member
    Just found out today I have one to meat from four legged animals. If I understood the gastro Dr. correctly it stems from a tick bite. I have to go see an allergist so I don’t really know anything about it yet.

15. Member
    Vinegar....and everything that has vinegar....like ketchup....makes me sweat.

Chicken...my goodness, I will get goose pumps, cold chills/sweat and become nauseous.

I love onions, but they hate me. Eating them is the equivalent of taking ex-lax. I ate them all my life without issue. After I turned 50, my body said no mas.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

My oldest daughter is allergic to avocados and watermelons. Craziest thing as she is only person I know that is. I love and consume lots of both. I would hate to have that allergy.

18. Member
    I'm good, but my daughter breaks out with hives, when she eats Strawberries ,,,,,,,
    "Remember You Only live Once"

19. Banned
    Vinegar for me too. I can smell vinegar and it makes me cough. I love ketchup, but every bite makes me cough, I can smell it and it makes me cough. Mustard is the same, one bite 2 or 3 coughs every time. It's been intersting eating in restaurants during this rona thing. People look at me funny and scared sometimes when I eat ketchup and cough after every bite.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelDr View Post
    Just found out today I have one to meat from four legged animals. If I understood the gastro Dr. correctly it stems from a tick bite. I have to go see an allergist so I don’t really know anything about it yet.
    Sorry to hear. I have a friend who has Alpha-Gal Syndrome. Before diagnosis, he would eat meat then a few hours later have a serious reaction. Sucks if you have a love of pork and beef, for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast