Thread: Fasting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fasting

I’ve been intermittent fasting for over a year now. Seen great results from it. About a month ago I started a 24 fast Sun 5pm to Monday 5pm, no food. Just water and coffee. Yesterday I started a fast and have decided to see how long I can fast and still be functional and actually to see how long I can go. So far at 26hrs. Anyone else do anything similar?

2. Banned
    Is it healthy to see how long you can fast?

3. Member
    No, I don't hate myself.

We've both done I.F. before with positive results. However I've not done a complete unbroken fast.

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

5. Member
    I did beer fasting for a weekend, that was fun. Nothing against fasting however it should be done in consolation with a doctor. For some people it works, and can be healthy however for others it can be deadly. For example if you have diabetes or low blood sugar.

Have fun at it.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

I fast from meal to the next. Any longer and I get hangry!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

I am gonna start again. I enjoyed the results. I feel more clear headed and focused.

Good one^^^^^^

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I am gonna start again. I enjoyed the results. I feel more clear headed and focused.
    Better hurry up.......
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perchpro View Post
    No, I don't hate myself.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

11. Member
    The positive data about intermittent fasting is growing. I can't go too long though without crashing. No food after 6 at night until lunch at 11 o'clock the next day works for me... not every day but a few days per week. Just my opinion

12. Member
    I can tell when one of the gals at work is fasting she is real cranky and yes I am being nice lol.

Im down with IF but straight fasting too many arguments its not a great plan.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Curious...why would you want to fast other than for religious reasons?

First inclination...how old you are and your current health status. Is it for weight loss? Personally, I am not overweight and 4 years out from a stem cell transplant. The only reason I would fast would be for religious reasons.....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

I do it 2 times per week for approximately 14-16 hrs along with a purdy clean diet, treadmill, boxing , and weight lifting. Works good for this 52 year ol dude
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

I fast 16 hrs a day every day. Done it for years. Rare occasions I’ll eat after 6 pm. Don’t eat again until 10:30-11:30am next day.

17. Member
    I fast 23.5 hours everyday but not for health purposes. I only eat lunch. A rather large large large lunch. If we're having something really good for dinner I'll skip eating till dinner. Been this way 25 plus years. I've went 40 plus hours without eating due to work and it really wasn't a big deal. Good luck in your endeavors.

18. Member
    Yes. 'IF' can be beneficial in many cases. Triggers Autophagy. See:https://www.healthline.com/health/autophagy

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Curious...why would you want to fast other than for religious reasons?

First inclination...how old you are and your current health status. Is it for weight loss? Personally, I am not overweight and 4 years out from a stem cell transplant. The only reason I would fast would be for religious reasons.....
    For health reasons. I am in great shape, low teen body fat%, current weight is 178lbs, lift weights and cardio train 5-6days a week. I feel so much better on Monday during my fast. My blood pressure is doing really good, used to have high blood pressure when I was on Testosterone treatment (been off T for over a year) stronger now than I’ve ever been. Fasting has many proven medical, mental and physical benefits. I also believe in fasting from a belief standpoint. I also like to challenge my body and see what I am capable of doing. If you can master your diet, you can master anything!

I have done it a bunch - I did alternate day fasting for a while - 46 hour fast with a 2 hour eating window. And I have done a bunch of 5 - 7 day fast. It is not easy, but after the first 3 days you will hit the groove and then it is pretty smooth sailing. People have all different kinds of opinions, it's the internet, but for myself I think the health benefits, mental clarity, cleansing affect on the body, reduced joint pain and so forth are very much worth it. Even if you feel like you don't need to lose weight a 5 day fast once or twice a year I think is very beneficial. You for sure have a fasting muscle and you need to build up a tolerance for it. Also if you go more than 24 hours electrolytes become an issue for some. A little sea salt in your water or coffee really helps. Just my opinion of course.

Joe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast