Thread: Fasting

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    11 days but I had 33 days under my belt of 'sungazing'

https://charbelmaklouf.wordpress.com...ugh-sungazing/

I've been getting nourished by Sol but the last few days has been overcast. I probably should've waited later in the year?
    doing some sunning huh

Quote Originally Posted by glock-19 View Post
    I'm diabetic type 2. To my surprise, exactly as Dr. Jason Fung stated in a video I watched, my blood sugar actually increased instead of decreasing. And that's not a bad thing while it was happening. Watch some of his medical explanation to get a better understanding. Pretty fascinating ('cause it works). For type 1, he would suggest doing it under a doctor supervision if one would consider trying.
    Yeah it wouldnít work for a type 1.

I did it for a while last year and had some good luck with it. I was actually thinking about starting it up again in order to drop the quarantine 20. The first couple days are the hardest for me, I feel like I am starving, but after the first couple days, I get used to it and feel better.

4. Member
    I will be fasting this weekend, 1st tournament of the year and the ole Bullet, hopefully will be fasting from point A to point B. The fasting the better, lot of water to cover in 7 hrs. On a serious note, I can only diet for up to 3 months at a time, any longer than that and I become a very mean, short tempered and hateful individual. I have fasted, and it is not for me, I become a very mean, short tempered, hateful individual with in hours. Some can do it, I ain't one of those people.
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 6" Fabtec Lift, American trux custom wheel and Nitto tires
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Joe, how did you feel during and after the 5 day fast? Thatís my goal is to be able to go 5 days. Iíve been researching the 40 day water fast, The True North Medical Foundation. Dr. Alan Goldham talks about the benefits they have seen from Alzheimerís patients. Mind over matter!
    The True North stuff Goldhamer talks about is interesting for sure.
    I was under the impression most of what they do there is heavily supported treatment for what ails ya.
    Are there people out there doing 40 day fasts on their own? That would be some serious mind over matter.
    puma proxs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    the quarantine 20
    puma proxs

Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    doing some sunning huh

You're getting what You need through the Sahasrara chakra (crown chakra)

www.chakras.info check here
    All Indians walk single file, at least the only one I knew did...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    I've done IF for years now. The benefits are many. Some people do it to for religious reasons, to lose weight, others to lower insulin levels, some to get into ketosis so they can begin burning fat (they become fat adapted). Someone mentioned autophagy already, but there is good evidence that shows this is very healthy as your body begins to cleanse old cells that can become problematic. To enter autophagy it typically requires a fast longer than 24 hours. The longest I've fasted for was 10 days. I work out everyday and alternate between cardio and weights. It's not something you want to do all at once, instead ease into it. Say you eat dinner at 7p, then wake up at 7a and eat breakfast at 8a. You've already fasted for 13 hours! That is where the word breakfast comes from, you're breaking the fast. It's not that difficult to do if you go slow. Some people just eat one meal a day (OMAD). Read about it and understand it prior to passing judgment. The standard American diet is horrible and the food pyramid is all wrong, which has led this country into obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemics. Further, it has led to big pharma making billions off it. Many of the current health issues are easily controlled by proper nutrition (diet) and fasting can be one component to that approach.
    Great post...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 80# 45" Non-Link Ultrex / Lowrance HDS

9. Member
    Just eat smarter...you dont have to starve yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Pretty simple to understand isn't it? Lay off all the garbage and the lbs and health issues will go away.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Pretty simple to understand isn't it? Lay off all the garbage and the lbs and health issues will go away.
    For me that is not true. Iíve always been a clean eater. I grew up wrestling from the age 4 til 18. My eating habits have always been clean. What fasting has helped me with is aches/joint pain (4 ACL Knee surgeries and two shoulder surgeries). It also has helped getting rid of my allergies. I havenít been sick in over a year and normally this time of year Iíd be congested. I am not.

For others you are correct but I am looking at the health benefits of the fast itself.

12. Member
    This thread makes me hungry.

13. Member
    All this fasting from guys who then go out on the weekends and eat lil debbie cakes and drink Mt Dew.

If getting caught at the red light next to Burger King counts then I was also fasting .

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    When I did intermittent fasting I didn’t starve myself and I didn’t feel hungry all the time.

I done IF back when I was younger but only went 72 hours at the longest. During that time I would generally go 24-36 hours and then have a small high protein/fat meal and remember feeling amazing after getting over the shock of not eating. It really wasn't that hard to do and when my body got into the "groove" of fasting you don't even think about it and I never felt hungry. Been thinking about starting it again.
    USMC Vet!

17. Member
    Did 42hrs on this fast. Was able to lift Monday and Tuesday with the same energy levels. Will be doing it again and likely making this a part of my habits. Two days of no popping/aches/pain in knees or shoulders. Easier than most people think.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I fast from meal to the next. Any longer and I get hangry!
    Thats me also.

For those of you talking about how fasting helps joint pain, can you elaborate and give more details on your fasting plan? Does IF help with joint pain or a longer period of fasting? Just curious. I am interested in trying it especially if it helps with joint pain.

20. Member
    i pretty much live by this, if i didnt id be 300lbs. Even then ive gained 10lbs since quarantine began even though I work out every day. I think I just move less than I used to with travel to work, playing hockey etc. Im missing those "walk around" calories that I previously would have burned.

Theres lots of scientific proof that intermittent fasting does nothing but reduce the allotted "eat time" and therefore people simply eat less resulting in them naturally reducing their calorie intake.

I find i have much more success just cutting out snacking and sugar out of my diet. When I really want to shred lbs i also cut carbs out after 1pm. To maintain though i find very easy. I simply dont eat until after 11am every day. Eat my lunch, and then eat dinner and thats that for the day. The hardest part of the day is 8pm to bed time...usually i can crush a craving by drinking a diet soda if I am really on edge.

2 1000 calorie meals a day is actually a lot of food. You can almost eat whatever the hell you want.

I eat almost whatever the heck I want for lunch and dinner though and find that i lose weight as long as my dinners are within reason. I notice it creeps up on me when i eat junkfood and sugar. Cut those out and eat your two enjoyable meals a day and its not bad at all.
    98 skeeter 140SS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast