Spot lock question

I purchased an ulterra a few months ago and have just started using it recently. I was fishing yesterday in about 15 mph wind and using spot lock and it’s like the motor was over correcting trying to stay on the spot. It would move the front of the boat a good 10-12ft to the right then turn right around and move back to the left the same 10-12ft. It literally sat there going back and forth for a good 5 minutes while the spot lock was engaged. I would think this isn’t normal. Bad signal ? Something electrical not working ? I am using the ulterra with the foot pedal exclusively, I don’t use the remote at all.
    2013 Lowe Stinger 18HP 115 Mercury Pro XS

First question: Did you calibrate it according to the manual?
    http://www.minnbass.com

“A ‘Liberal Paradise’ would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.

And . . . believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist … It's called prison.”

Not sure about the ulterra but the ultrex as a "Scale" adjustment this tells the motor how large your boat is and how much force to apply to stay on spotlock

You may have this set to high
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Start with the boat scale adjustment. Probably try going to -1 or -2 from zero default setting. Bob
    Note: you need to use the remote to set it.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    My ultrex danced back and fourth badly the other day holding a heading... never had it happen before and resetting the holding heading didn’t fix it.... powered my unit on and off and didn’t happen again. I haven’t messed with boat power setting cause I haven’t had to but it acted goofy!
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

6. Member
    Thanks for the info I am going to try adjusting the scale settings. That does make sense though if the factory settings are for bigger boats I have the ulterra on an 18ft tin rig
    2013 Lowe Stinger 18HP 115 Mercury Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Not sure about the ulterra but the ultrex as a "Scale" adjustment this tells the motor how large your boat is and how much force to apply to stay on spotlock

You may have this set to high
    This ^^^^^ I made the mistake and my motor was over compensating all the time.

Dodger123