Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Romans 8:7 ESV

For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Romans 8:7 ESV

For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

Gbs, what is the Greek word for "flesh" ?

3. Banned
    σαρκὸς
    sarkos

I take it to mean body, correct? Meaning we do what we want to do.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjrtykr View Post
    @Rexico, I can't quote the verse but, it is my opinion that God made us. He knit us in our mother's womb. He made us male or female with the appropriate body parts. Feeling you're the opposite sex has nothing to do with God and everything to do with satan whispering if your ear that you're not good enough the way God made you. Again, my opinion.

I agree with this mrjrtykr.

Gender dysphoria is what this is called and its a psychiatric disorder.

5. Banned
    Going to hell? Not for me to say.
    Wait a minute... Your first response was they're sinning,,, so 'judging' is something to do when You want and something to pshaw? No wonder St. Pete looks to You(rs)..

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Wait a minute... Your first response was they're sinning,,, so 'judging' is something to do when You want and something to pshaw? No wonder St. Pete looks to You(rs)..
    discernment perhaps? I don't think calling a spade a spade is judgement, we can physically see that. We can't see a Man's soul.

7. Member
    You can also look at me and tell me I’m sinning when I sin. Does it mean I’m going to hell? Not at all. The blood of Jesus has already payed the penalty for my sin. But is my sin still sin, yes!

8. Member
    Not quite following what you think I’ve done. I’m not judging anyone. Only God can do that. But I can know that homosexuality is a sin.

9. Member
    Not quite following what you think I’ve done. I’m not judging anyone. Only God can do that. But I can know that homosexuality is a sin.

mrjrtykr, Let me help you out. If they sin.....................according to
    the biblical scriptures .................you are are judging them. in other words, they have fallen short of Gods perfectness. It took me awhile (over a year) reading the post from FL to figure out his tactics. :)

I love FL, me and my wife spent last years vacay in Fl . Their seafood was terrible . :(

10. Banned
    Is being a homo worse than speeding?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Is being a homo worse than speeding?
    Well, speeding is breaking man’s law. Homosexuality is breaking God’s law. You do the math.

But, all sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord. We like to qualify sins and act like some are worse than others. And they are, in man’s eyes. Will God judge all sins equally? That I don’t know. But it’s for certain that the sin of refusing the Lord will be judged harshly.

12. Member
    Well, speeding is breaking man’s law. Homosexuality is breaking God’s law. You do the math.

But, all sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord. We like to qualify sins and act like some are worse than others. And they are, in man’s eyes. Will God judge all sins equally? That I don’t know. But it’s for certain that the sin of refusing the Lord will be judged harshly.

Speeding..........................

Respect for Authority

13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

I cant drive 55 ! :)

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman2136 View Post
    I agree with this mrjrtykr.

Gender dysphoria is what this is called and its a psychiatric disorder.
    So... If God gave you a psychiatric disorder, are you held responsible?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    So... If God gave you a psychiatric disorder, are you held responsible?
    We all are born with a sin nature, the blood of Jesus covers everything, will you accept that.

Read an article the other day... in the UK. Wanting people to call a mother's milk when nursing "CHEST MILK". Calling it breast milk is discriminatory to 2 male parents with child/children.

Hey...you can't make this stuff up.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

They can do whatever they want, just keep it out of my face. I am sick of all the BS on the news and on the TV shows!!

17. Member
    I have to disagree with a little bit that's been said in relation to all sin being the same. It is not!

Murder, rape or other sin where someone's agency has been taken from them puts you in a whole different catagory of repenting then fudging on your taxes. Sexual sin, is close to murder, according to Christ and His teachings as well.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    I have to disagree with a little bit that's been said in relation to all sin being the same. It is not!

Murder, rape or other sin where someone's agency has been taken from them puts you in a whole different catagory of repenting then fudging on your taxes. Sexual sin, is close to murder, according to Christ and His teachings as well.

Good evening dbs1, Thank you for your comment.

If you cheat on your taxes, is that a sin ?

If you hatchet 21 people to death , is that a sin ?

If you rape 5 woman , is that a sin?

If you tell a "white lie" , is that a sin ?

How can a man stand before a Holy , Just, Righteous God for any of those acts and think for one moment they are in right standing with God ?

There has to be a mediator (a propitiation, substitution , Ie, Jesus) or their has to be Mercy or there has to Grace for all of those acts, because all are unrighteous, all are unholy and all are opposed to Gods character and being .

It reminds me of the Pharisee who said.................I am glad I am not like the tax collector..............................but the Tax collector stood from afar and beat his chest.................... who walked away acceptable ?

Now, when it comes to punishment at Jesus' second appearing, it all depends on how you interpret Ghenea , Hell, Lake of Fire ect. That is a different study.

19. Member
    Matthew 18:15-20 addresses church discipline and applies to the membership of the church. Dueteronomy 22:5 addresses men dressing as women and women dressing as men. Our feelings and our hearts must be routinely tuned to a "true North" and God tells us which direction that true North is in his living Word. It applies yesterday, today, and forever. God is outside of time therefore His word is outside of time. 1 Corinthians 6, Revelation 21, Jude 1. There are only 2 things we are told to flee from in the bible, idolatry and sexual sin. Some say all sins are they same but according to scripture that is not true. 1 Corinthians 6:18 is very clear in stating "Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body".

20. Banned
    How did you handle it when you were 18, and the sermon was about the evil of thinking about necked girls?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast