Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    What exactly does “fishability” mean? Is is the deck size? While BCB makes some boats with huge decks the Eyra isn’t one of them for sure but it’s not exactly small either. I just don’t get the “fishability” comments. The Eyra is extremely maneuverable on the trolling motor and I can get in and out of some very tight spaces, can get in to some very shallow water, it also slides off stumps extremely well. So as far as “fishability” I guess it depends on what kind of fishing you do. I’m not bashing anything I honestly don’t know what they term fishability exactly means.
    Agree - no boat I’ve ever owned was better in stumpy places than my Eyra. The narrower deck is actually more functional for flipping and pitching tight cover. You can stand in one place and flip both sides of the boat without hitting the trolling motor or having to walk around. It’s a flipping machine.

That said, and despite the better quality of the build on the bass cat, I would go with the low hour boat. Good advice above to just take it to a dealer and have the fuel drained and maybe install new hoses to be sure. Then have at it.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Both are good boats, the hours on either motor wouldn't scare me. I do feel the BassCat has a little better quality. I would buy the one I liked better and never look back, as both are quality boats. I ran a Basscat for years and my good friend runs a Skeeter. So I have spent time in both.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

3. Member
    You can't go wrong with either one of your two choices. Try to go fish a full day out of each, then choose the one that fits you the best ...

4. Member
    I'd lean to the Skeeter, simply on account of hours (basically brand new) -- but the BC is super, super nice (and still almost new). In my opinion, they are pretty equal, and I would ultimately go with the seller who seems like the most responsible (i.e., the one who seems to have most cared for his boat -- anal personality and a nice house and other vehicles could be telling...).

5. Member
    I'm a cat man, but like skeeters for their ride. Wouldn't think the hours would make any difference as they both have the same amount of warranty left. Speed, fit and finish and resale go Cat. Rough water ride go skeeter.
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

Worrying about a 25 hour 3 year old motor sitting and having issues? My god its not some carbed pile of crap from the 80s, some of you guys need a grip on reality. We put 10-15 hours a year on our boat this boat is only slightly less. I'd be more worried about a higher hour boat...but still not worried at 250hrs
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

7. Member
    One thing to think about is the trailer. Not all skeeters have C channel trailers. A lot of them have tube trailers. And some of those tube trailers rust fairly rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    One thing to think about is the trailer. Not all skeeters have C channel trailers. A lot of them have tube trailers. And some of those tube trailers rust fairly rapidly.

That model will have a C channel trailer with Road Armor coating. I cannot recall if it was 2018 or 2019 that Skeeter began building all trailers in house. My two Skeeter built traikers have been impressive. Very well built.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345