Mega + Networked through a Solix Gen 1 to Gen 3 question

I have an Ultrex built in Mega SI transducer that I will plug into a Solix Gen 1 on the bow.

I will then network to a new Solix Gen 3 on the dash. My question is even though the Gen 1 does not display Mega+ but, with the network, will it display Mega+ on the Solix Gen 3?

Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post
    I have an Ultrex built in Mega SI transducer that I will plug into a Solix Gen 1 on the bow.

I will then network to a new Solix Gen 3 on the dash. My question is even though the Gen 1 does not display Mega+ but, with the network, will it display Mega+ on the Solix Gen 3?
    + is POWER

Shared data is what is processed by the unit that is source. If the source is the first generation, that is the data that would to shared to any generation.

A second generation SOLIX has more power than a first generation===added more to the depth and range.
    A third generation SOLIX has more power than a second generation===added even more to the depth and range.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks for the info Wayne. Looks like I will have to buy a transducer extension cable to get to the Gen 3 from the bow transducer.....