Fishing near Murfreesboro TN

Hello Y'all...

I wanted to ask for advice and information on where I can wet a line in Murfreesboro TN? I will be a resident there along with my family, come this spring. I love to fish all types of species, with bait fishing being least preferred.

I prefer using artificials for Bass, walleyes, stripers, trout, panfish, catfish, spinning, BC, light power to heavy...

Looking forward to recommendations and your reply.

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Percy Priest
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Percy Priest
    Appreciate it...I have a list of Rivers, spillways, lakes, ponds, etc., from a couple of members on another panfish forum. I have also been speaking with a lifelong resident of Murfreesboro and he invited me to "give him a holler" when I get into town and he will take me wade fishing at a few spots.

Yeppers!

4. Member
    I live in Lebanon, TN which is 30 mi north of M'boro. Percy Priest/Stones River will definitely be your close to home water. Slightly north where I'm at you also have the Old Hickory Lake/Cumberland River option as well. The way the waters are geographically located, like me, these two will wind up being your two "go to" waters. When you get here and look at them on the map you'll see there's a lot of water and off shoots to these to bodies of water.

Priest you have to learn that water well before blasting wide open in your boat. Old Hick is more forgiving but the fishing is tough pretty much year round. Now some of those non bass (and even bass really) fish you like to fish for will congregate in the warm water discharge from the steam plant in Gallatin which is like 5 miles north of me during what few cold months we have.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dickenscpa View Post
    I live in Lebanon, TN which is 30 mi north of M'boro. Percy Priest/Stones River will definitely be your close to home water. Slightly north where I'm at you also have the Old Hickory Lake/Cumberland River option as well. The way the waters are geographically located, like me, these two will wind up being your two "go to" waters. When you get here and look at them on the map you'll see there's a lot of water and off shoots to these to bodies of water.

Priest you have to learn that water well before blasting wide open in your boat. Old Hick is more forgiving but the fishing is tough pretty much year round. Now some of those non bass (and even bass really) fish you like to fish for will congregate in the warm water discharge from the steam plant in Gallatin which is like 5 miles north of me during what few cold months we have.
    Thank you and much obliged!

I would like to really fine tune tossing bigger artificials for Cumberland stripers as well.

6. Member
    Come a bit further east and Tims Ford and Woods Reservoir are options. Tims is a good winter time lake and nights in the warmer months are better. Woods is smaller, but a decent fishery as well.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Come a bit further east and Tims Ford and Woods Reservoir are options. Tims is a good winter time lake and nights in the warmer months are better. Woods is smaller, but a decent fishery as well.
    Much appreciated...yes Tims Ford has been on my radar as well. I have a couple of friends that have relatives that live out towards the Eastern edge of TN, and they say the fishing, hunting, and Country Life out there is incredible.

WE ARE IN GREAT ANTICIPATION OF OUR JOURNEY TO BECOMING TENNESSEE VOUNTEERS!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post

Much appreciated...yes Tims Ford has been on my radar as well. I have a couple of friends that have relatives that live out towards the Eastern edge of TN, and they say the fishing, hunting, and Country Life out there is incredible.

WE ARE IN GREAT ANTICIPATION OF OUR JOURNEY TO BECOMING TENNESSEE VOUNTEERS!
    Tims Ford isn't that far east of where you are planning to be. It's still two or three hours to get to the "Eastern edge" and get to the TVA highland reservoirs like Douglas and Cherokee. I am a Georgia Bulldog, so don't lump me in with the Vols. LOL...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Tims Ford isn't that far east of where you are planning to be. It's still two or three hours to get to the "Eastern edge" and get to the TVA highland reservoirs like Douglas and Cherokee. I am a Georgia Bulldog, so don't lump me in with the Vols. LOL...
    Lol...yeppers mango...I meant "WE" as in "my family and I".