UHD 93SV Wifi Issues

My previously working wifi connection between my UHD 93SV and phone no longer works.

I had not synched it since mid-January.

On Saturday, I tried a sync; Wifi connected, but the active captain app said an SD card was not installed. This has happened before and usually goes away after a few minutes, or on a restart of either the chart or the app. It never went away. I gave up and figured it would be fine later.

Sunday, I went fishing and recorded some contours. I wanted to sync them to active captain. Now I cannot connect wifi at all. I tried changing the wifi name and password, toggled wifi on/off and chart power on/off, restarted the app, cleared the app's cache and various other combos of repowering items in different orders. None worked.

The only things I have not tried are a hard reset of the chart plotter or app DB clear or reinstall, neither of which I want to try yet because I don't want to have to reconfigure everything and reinstall all my waypoints, etc. I've only had the device since Christmas.

The only things I can think of that could be causing the problems are an update to the app in February, or my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e) updating to the latest version of Android 11 earlier in the week. I'm not convinced either is the problem since I had could connect on Saturday with partial functionality, but not at all on Sunday, and Saturday was after all the updates were made... something else has escalated the issue from Saturday to Sunday without any updates.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

2. Member
    You mentioning the Android update is a very key piece of info. Guys who use Android Auto and more specifically Waze, are having issues and this is not the first time it has happened with Android as it comes down to a permission issue. Their solution is to re-install Android Auto and then Waze and that fixes it. Not that those two pieces of software are the issue but a very good possible indication to the issue. If it were me, I would back up the finder card to your PC, reinstall AC to your phone and then give it a run. Worse case, it doesn't work or if it erases your data, you have a backup.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What does Waze app have to do with the issue??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutspinner View Post
    You mentioning the Android update... it comes down to a permission issue..
    I think you may be on to something. I just realized my callerID app was not working right, and when I opened it, it said it needed a permission that I had previously granted. Android showed the permission granted, by the app did not see it. It then put me in a loop with the permission screen whenever I opened the app. I eventually deleted the app's cache and data, and then the app prompted me to update the app (this is a carrier app, so it was not among the updates in the play store when Android updated). After that it worked again. So, something about the updated version of Android is communicating app permissions differently.

Since the update to Android was just pushed and I don't "need" the sync right now, I'm going to wait until either Garmin updates AC, or I really need the sync to complete. Maybe a Garmin update will fix the problem, or maybe the nuclear option is the only one I'll have.

I appreciate your insight.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    What does Waze app have to do with the issue??
    Re-read. It’s not the app but a similar issue.

6. Banned
    Everybody wants more bt and wifi in these units. They haven't spent enough time developing, testing and deploying in wet conditions. Give me wires anyday.

7. Member
    Update: When I went fishing on Sunday, everything synched up and transferred without any intervention when powered up. When I got back from the fishing trip, it connected without issues, but would not sync. After a power cycle it would not connect. Man those things are moody. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it connects, connects and syncs, or none of the above.

Everything will probably be fine again when I go fishing this weekend based on this experience.