Diawa Steez A finish

20210228_230025.jpg
    I just received my reels back from being serviced and my Steez a's paint is flaking off. Has anyone experienced this? Thoughts?

2. Member
    No. I have had it on some older Quantum's and the like, but not on any of my Steez's. Some type of cleaner that was used maybe?

3. Member
    Where did you send it for service? I have never seen paint flake off like this from a service. Makes me wonder what kind of cleaners they used?

4. Member
    This reel was in my care for service. We do not use harsh cleaners on reels. Frames and side plates are cleaned using Dawn Ultra and warm water and a soft bristled brush. After speaking with Daiwa this morning, the only thing we can figure is there was some type of defect in the paint that allowed the detergent and warm water to penetrate and “lift off” the paint. Daiwa is sending us out a side plate at no charge to get you fixed. Again, I’m terribly sorry this occurred.

-Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by PikeRoadBassn View Post
    This reel was in my care for service. We do not use harsh cleaners on reels. Frames and side plates are cleaned using Dawn Ultra and warm water and a soft bristled brush. After speaking with Daiwa this morning, the only thing we can figure is there was some type of defect in the paint that allowed the detergent and warm water to penetrate and “lift off” the paint. Daiwa is sending us out a side plate at no charge to get you fixed. Again, I’m terribly sorry this occurred.

-Bryan

good to see its getting taken care of!!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeRoadBassn View Post

-Bryan
    And this is why these guys are the best!

7. Member
    Mine is doing the exact same thing too but it's a lefty, I wonder if I can get a warranty replacement from Daiwa too? The only thing i used to clean the exterior of the reel is baby wipes. 20210302_094906.jpg
    Last edited by kercha83; 03-02-2021 at 09:04 AM.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

8. Banned
    Get used to it. Always happens to Steez reels.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Get used to it. Always happens to Steez reels.
    No, actually it doesn't. I've had original Steez reels since they came out and just about every variant in between and had them serviced regularly, I've never seen this happen to any of my reels. The Tackle Trap services more Steez than the average shop and it is extremely rare. We are in regular contact with the folks at Daiwa and have verified this to be the case based on their experience and ours collectively.