Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack Jackplate question

Ok so the previous owner of my boat mounted a power pole bracket with the bolts that go through the plate into the bolt block that does the raising and lowering of the jack plate which is 100% the wrong way on the rapid jack plate...in doing so they also drill out the threads in the top 2 holes and used a nut on the back side (inside). I just ordered a new set of blades from Hydrilla on here and ordered a new bolt block from Steve at Hydro Dynamics. What I didn’t do is think about how the cable that does the lifting of the motor passes through the bolt block and has 2 aluminum crimps on the end to keep it from pulling out when raising or lowering. I want to get the plate back the way it’s supposed to be and mount the power poles the way their supposed to be mounted on the plate but I’m not sure about the cable thing and having a tool to do the crimping.

Has anyone here ever replaced a bolt block on a rapid jack plate while there is a motor attached and attached to a boat? I really don’t won’t to take the motor off if I don’t have to. Also what was your solution for the crimped ends at the end of the cable?

I’ve taken several off, apart, and changed the back plates. I would call Steve back and ask him this question. I have a shop here and can do most anything but I would want his opinion on the crimp.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I’ve taken several off, apart, and changed the back plates. I would call Steve back and ask him this question. I have a shop here and can do most anything but I would want his opinion on the crimp.
    Steve is busy this week in a class but I did email him and he has answered my questions, so when buying a bolting bar you actually get the whole assembly with cable already installed and crimped.

He’s an awesome guy to deal with and very knowledgeable, if anyone ever needs a Jackplate, I highly recommend hydro Dynamics!