ZX225 Replacement Soon?

Anyone know if the ZX225 is going away after 2021? Seems like the 200 and 225 are the oldest models in the lineup and the ZXRs are replacing them. Asking because the ZXRs are growing in size length/width and the 225 if the biggest rig I can fit in my garage right now - thought perhaps Skeeter might combine both models into a ZXR19. Thinking about ordering a 225 but obviously would hate to buy something and have it replaced with a new model this summer if things are changing, my dealer said he does not have any information on 2022 but would need to order the 225 this week to ensure it can be built.

2. Member
    Any word please reply

3. Member
    At this point having two 19' boats is redundant. I could see them treplacing both with a "ZXR19".
    The only hold back I can see is what the HP rating will be. Back in 2012 Skeeter created a situation where the 225 SHO was hardly used. All of the their 20'+ boats could take the 250. The ZX200 could only take the 200.
    Not sure if Yamaha will want to create a hole again. I could see a ZXR19 being 225 HP. The ZX150 is usually sold with a 150 so this could leave the 175 and the 200 out in the cold in the Skeeter lineup.
    Of course this is all conjecture......
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Yamaha owns Skeeter, and they will not allow there to be a hole in the HP rating as suggested already. As of right now there is no talk of the zx225/200 going away. Honestly if you can find a left over 2020 zx225 you would be better off. They stripped a few standard equipped features for 2021. One being the power pole.

5. Member
    I only have a 7'X9' foot garage door so a boat with a pole would not fit. Speaking of which, the new measurements online show a max height of 83" for the ZX225, anyone know if that is with motor tilted up or down? Seems very high compared to my current rig and I was shocked it is 13" higher, now wondering if I can even get the new one to fit. Any chance someone with a new Skeeter trailer ZX225 could measure from the ground to the top of cowl with motor down and see what it shows? I was thinking that measurement is with motor tilted and jackplate at its highest setting.
    Last edited by mknj671; 03-02-2021 at 06:48 AM.

6. Member
    Measured the motor while it is trimmed vertical on my zx225, it is 73" and that is with a jackplate set at 7 dots from the factory.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasteria View Post
    Measured the motor while it is trimmed vertical on my zx225, it is 73" and that is with a jackplate set at 7 dots from the factory.
    Thanks for the quick reply, I thought perhaps the skeeter built trailers were taller but 83" seemed super high and that must be with motor in tow position. I think they changed that measurement at some point since the 2014 brochure for my boat lists the height with motor vertical for sure.

8. Member
    I’m kind of in the same, excuse the pun boat as the OP. I would love the ZXR20 but it would be very hard if not possible to fit it in my 20’ garage. I can fit my 2018 ZX200 at an angle. I lower the PP and motor to fit through the door then raise the pole once on. Leave the motor level. My new ZX225 is supposed to ship the end of this month and I’m a little worried I’ll have a harder time selling this boat later on. But as was said Yamaha needs to sell motors so the ZX225 or a new ZXR19 will be around for a while. I’m also told that the ZX models will be considered the entry level boats if you can consider a mid 50 thousand dollar boat entry level. I’m also glad my ZX225 won’t have a power pole as I’m tired of the hassle and very seldom use it anyway.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I’m kind of in the same, excuse the pun boat as the OP. I would love the ZXR20 but it would be very hard if not possible to fit it in my 20’ garage. I can fit my 2018 ZX200 at an angle. I lower the PP and motor to fit through the door then raise the pole once on. Leave the motor level. My new ZX225 is supposed to ship the end of this month and I’m a little worried I’ll have a harder time selling this boat later on. But as was said Yamaha needs to sell motors so the ZX225 or a new ZXR19 will be around for a while. I’m also told that the ZX models will be considered the entry level boats if you can consider a mid 50 thousand dollar boat entry level. I’m also glad my ZX225 won’t have a power pole as I’m tired of the hassle and very seldom use it anyway.
    I ended up ordering a 225 as well, my garage is only about 23' 8" to the door so it will fit but barely. With Skeeter models growing in size I figured this was a best move, I thought about the ZX200 for a while but wanted the biggest boat I could fit in the space available plus there are some options like the hydraulic plate / 36V Ultrex that are not available on the 200. I normally keep stuff in great shape so resale is never an issue, in the end boats, cars, motorcycles, etc are all losing propositions value wise so why worry - can't put a price on something you truly enjoy in life. The ZX225 has been around for a while now and besides the team deck modification in 2018 seems unchanged, at least it is a proven platform and must still sell well or Skeeter would not keeping producing it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I hear ya on the Power Pole. I got mine without it and added a Talon. My 10' Talon still is lower than the motor.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    The difference in motor height may be due to the new trailers. I have a 2021 ZX225 and the boat sits much higher on the Skeeter Built trailer than my father in law’s 2015 model on the old EZ Loader.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomow610 View Post
    The difference in motor height may be due to the new trailers. I have a 2021 ZX225 and the boat sits much higher on the Skeeter Built trailer than my father in law’s 2015 model on the old EZ Loader.
    Trailer height is part of it but it has been determined that at some point in the last few years Skeeter switched the max height measurement to be with the motor in travel position. In the older literature it was measured with the motor vertical, when I originally read the 2021 measurements online I panicked thinking it would not fit into my garage but even the dealer confirmed that it is now total height with motor horizontal.