Curado K thoughts

Good , bad or ugly ? Gonna purchase a 6 to 1 reel for Chatterbaits and it’s between the Slx Mgl 70 which I have and is excellent or curado k !

Just my opinion as I have both, I absolutely love the feel of the slx mgl. It’s what I use for chstterbaits I also have several curado k as well. I use the k for drop cranking and rigs. The slx mgl will handle the cuter air just fine.

3. Member
    I have a Curado K that I replaced the worm gear bushing with a bearing and also added a bearing to each knob to replace the bushing. I was stripping line off my reels the other day and was shocked that the K was so much butter compared to my previous model Metaniums, my 2020 Metanium, and my Bantam MGL. Now doubt the higher ends are "smoother" depending on how you measure it in your mind but spinning the handle on that K vs the others was very surprising, I even had my wife come down to the garage and she agreed 100%.

4. Member
    Curado K is the Swiss Army knife of Bass Fishing
    Its built like a tank and casts a mile
    The handle and knobs are super comfortable for fishing all day.
    Dont get me wrong ... I have Metaniums and they are beautiful.
    Ill say this ... for 2wice the price ... the Metanium’s are not 2wice the reel.
    Curado K is a No Brainer and extremely versatile.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

I have 19 of them and I agree with the post above. For the money, they are hard to beat.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    I haven't fished the slx, but as mentioned the K is a solid all around reel. I'd stop short of putting it equal to the Chronarch, Bantam, or Metanium.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2eachhisown View Post
    I'd stop short of putting it equal to the Chronarch, Bantam, or Metanium.
    I'd make a comparison to Toyota & Lexus. The Curado is likened to Toyota, with its extremely reliability, full-functionality, ease of operation & maintenance. By comparison, the Metanium & Chronarch are more akin to Lexus. They're from the same maker as the Curado, and share most of its virtues, but use nicer materials, have tighter tolerances & have more smoothness of operation (debatable). However, with the higher quality build materials and tighter tolerances, you may give up some of the ease of operation and maintenance.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metanium View Post
    I'd make a comparison to Toyota & Lexus. The Curado is likened to Toyota, with its extremely reliability, full-functionality, ease of operation & maintenance. By comparison, the Metanium & Chronarch are more akin to Lexus. They're from the same maker as the Curado, and share most of its virtues, but use nicer materials, have tighter tolerances & have more smoothness of operation (debatable). However, with the higher quality build materials and tighter tolerances, you may give up some of the ease of operation and maintenance.
    Perfectly said. Thanks

Chevrolet and Cadillac lol. Id say the curado will handle the load better and hold more line, I'm pretty much always using 17-20lb line, lots of grass rippin and dock skippin
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

10. Member
    I've ran 3 Curado Ks since they came out. They are so big and heavy! I have entire combos that weight as much as a spooled up K. They are great workhorse reels but at +8oz I find myself not enjoying them as other reels.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

11. Member
    Curado k. Built like a tank.

12. Member
    I have only one curado k and got it when they first came out, it's still as smooth as the day i bought it. The only cons i find on this reel is that it's heavy and it doesn't fit in my hands too well.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

13. Member
    Thanks guys I went with the K, appreciate the feedback !