Helix and solix waypoint sharing

Does Helix share waypoints with solix and vice versa when they are connected to ethernet box? I believe they do but want to confirm. Also do they share screen views? So if I have a helix gps, can it view SI image from a solix? I currently have 3 solixs and might add a helix gps unit for mapping only so want to make sure they share waypoints in real time.
    Thanks

They will share waypoints ONLY, nothing else. Done via Ethernet between two units and one cable, or via more than two units via Ethernet Switch.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Added note:

They don't share waypoint Icons

Solix has some screwy icons so they will show up on the helix as that big blue dot as seen in Wayne's picture

Also the helix icons will show up on the solix as the default icon for the solix
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Great. Thanks for the info guys. That is what I thought.

5. Member
    One other question: if the gps puck is connected to a solix can the helix see it and connect to it or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer2 View Post
    One other question: if the gps puck is connected to a solix can the helix see it and connect to it or vice versa?
    No Sir, waypoints only.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

7. Member
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

8. Member
    Perfect. Thanks guys.

9. Member
    You need two adapter cables and one ethernet cable to share way points only. Looking at about $100. Not financially feasible, when you can share the same from a laptop or computer. Just download HB pc and use a blank sd card under 32 gigs. Plus most adapter cables are sold out, as with just about any accessories you may need.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner16 View Post
    You need two adapter cables and one ethernet cable to share way points only. Looking at about $100. Not financially feasible, when you can share the same from a laptop or computer. Just download HB pc and use a blank sd card under 32 gigs. Plus most adapter cables are sold out, as with just about any accessories you may need.
    Don't need the Ethernet Adapter cable for the Solix model. Probably included in the unit price...LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

11. Member
    The Solix doesn't require an ethernet adapter. It has the round plug on the back for a direct connection. I was rather disappointed to find that I couldn't even share my heading sensor from the Helix to the Solix.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    The Solix doesn't require an ethernet adapter. It has the round plug on the back for a direct connection. I was rather disappointed to find that I couldn't even share my heading sensor from the Helix to the Solix.
    Yup, that is why I will not be getting a Helix now. I have 3 solixs and want to add one to the helm for mapping only. But if I cant share the heading sensor or external puck than its not worth it. Gonna try to find an older Solix gen 1 for mapping.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer2 View Post
    I believe it can if they are connected via NMEA.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    Only way to share a gps puck between Solix and Helix would be the ethernet hub.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    Only way to share a gps puck between Solix and Helix would be the ethernet hub.
    Can't share GPS between Solix and Helix across ethernet as Wayne indicated in post#2. They can only share waypoints. But maybe possible through NMEA2000 as Tone indicated.

What information shares when I network my Humminbird units together? | Humminbird
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

16. Member

If you're using a NMEA gps puck it should share across nmea as its not technically sharing. The nmea puck doesnt care what its hooked up to, its a nmea device.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA