Garmin 93sv bow mounting options

Hi all, just purchased the 93 sv uhd livescope, and I want the unit located on the bow. What options are their for raising the unit higher ?, and will raising the unit be an obstacle when you’re driving the boat, ie. obstructing you’re view. Also keeping in mind being able to load the boat on the trailer, so egress from the bow is a must here. Any input is appreciated, Thank You

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    How high you want it? I've seen it from mounted on deck to those extensions mouth that will put the waist high while fishing.

I guess it all depends how high you want/need it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Than’s for the reply, probably 2’, or where I can see the livescope and my rod tip at the same time.

4. Member
    Check out https://stowawaymounts.com

On the pricey side but they all are. I use one on my boat and like the height adjustability and the ability to fold it down for transport is really nice.

5. Member
    Thank’s for the reply, more options.

6. Member
    I wanted an option that lifted my Echomap and gave me a place to mount the GLS10 black box. I opted for a Wiegmann circuit enclosure from Home Depot (<$50). Mine is 10"x10"x4" and fits nice in the recessed area at the bow of my Basscat. Mounting the Echomap on top of the box raises it just enough to make it easy to see and not get in the way to drive or fish. I used the Southern Reels Fishing design for a PVC pole which I mounted onto the side of the box. Plenty of punch out holes to route the transducer wires and provide some ventilation. I was also happy that the delicate LVS32 cable fits safely inside the box with the GLS10. I installed an on/off switch on the box to kill power to it when not in use. No interference and I'm very pleased with it. Home Depot had another large HD plastic enclosure (12") that I would have gone with but it was 6" deep and didn't fit in my recessed space. Another option I considered was aluminum I beam. A 10" high section was about $75/foot. The vertical web would be an excellent place to mount for the GLS10 as well.

7. Member
    Have you looked at the Cornfield Crappie gear stuff?

8. Member
    I used a combination of a few different brands to put together this dual-mount. It was exactly what I wanted. I think it is about 19" to the base of the gimbal bracket on the 10" Ultra which is what I dedicate to LS. A lot of guys post that throughout the day you will be playing with gain settings, ranges, color palettes, and views. That being the case, and of course the ease of simply seeing your monitor more easily, resulted in my going this route for mounting my MFDs. I considered a separate stowaway, however I wanted all screens attached to a single location versus taking up any deck space and having two mounting locations. All wiring goes through the bow plate and terminal hubs are located under the pedal (which makes it super easy to make adjustments if ever needed).

Also, no issues with seeing over the screens at all when flying down the lake. From the helm they don't rest any higher (from a view angle standpoint) than the screens at the console, so that turned out better than I had even hoped!

IMG_0422.jpg
    Last edited by sandsurf68; 03-05-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    Jan-Erik
    2000 Ranger 520DVS, Mercury Optimax 225HP

9. Member
    Some really good ideas, and workmanship here. I ordered the stowaway mount, it can tilt and lock close to the deck, good for trailering, it adjusts from 14” to 21” sandsurf68, that unit mount looks rock solid, elevating the screen makes sense, ease of use, easier to see images. CowboyRulz, I like the electric enclosure idea for the gls10, makes for an accessible option, perhaps a Ubolt mount through the enclosure, then mounted below the Garmin, that could work.

10. Member
    It's an option that might help folks avoid taking up storage space and snaking the delicate transducer wire through tight spaces. I was told it houses a fiber optic strand and I should not even use nylon ties to fix it to the pole. I thought interference might be an issue with the box and Garmin so close but it was no problem at all. I did water ground the GLS10 box but I actually checked it before attaching the ground and it made no difference.
    Sandsurf68 gets my vote for an awesome mount though...that is CLEAN! Now I need to add a can/cup holder.

I ordered this and dropped off the graph mounting bracket with the local metal shop who made a base plate for $10 that replaced the rod holder at the top of the Spyderlock. The main arm extends up. With all of the pivot points I can drop the mount to the deck when I cover the boat. I haven't been out fishing since installing it due to frozen lakes but I think it is going to work well for about $115 total investment.

https://www.amazon.com/Millennium-Ma...g-goods&sr=1-5